Best cell phone service for the area?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Crawdad, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Crawdad

Crawdad New Member

State:
    Mid-Missouri
    from Clinton to Warsaw, around Truman resivor? I expect to be moving there soon & prob can't get DSL, so I'll use phone service to access the internet & my previous employers computers.
    Looks like Sprint covers the western (Clinton) half of the lake area, but I wasn't sure how good the service is, or whether they cover the East (Warsaw) end.

Your phone experience would be real helpful.

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    My T-mobile phone works everywhere in that area except down in the holes and on some remote parts of the lake... My brother has Cingular and it works pretty well also.

You couldn't give me Sprint service.

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I have had three different cel phone carriers. Sprint, Verison, and Cingular. I spend a lot of time out in the middle of no-where hunting and fishing.

Sprint flat out SUCKS for coverage area. if you get even a little bit off the beaten path you'll have Zero sevice. I've even dropped calls with-in sight of the Sprint World Campus in Leawood.

Currently I have a Verizon Phone, and in Two recent trips above and below Truman Dam I had no problems with My signal strength. also out hunting in BFE Western Kansas I went very few places THat I didn't have a signal.

Cingular is actualy My provider of choice They get a signal EVERYWHERE. Unfortunatly I dropped them When I got a job that provided a cel phone (sprint). I was at the end of My contract and didn't renew. I didn't see the need to carry two Cel phones at that time (untill I actualy used a sprint phone!!!). MY Wife had a plan with verison so We added a line to Her plan.

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I have a Sprint/Nextel phone through work...piece of advice...DO NOT GET THEIR SERVICE! I had my personal phone through them as well and dropped em like a bad habit...the customer service is sub-par and the coverage area is horrible, I am always always dropping calls no matter where I'm at!

My personal service is now with Verizon and i couldn't be happier, very customer service oriented and coverage area is real good! I do a little bit of traveling now and then and have never had a problem, of course there are a few dead areas but they seem to be few and far between!

I had Cingular about seven years ago, but I dropped em because i didn't get service at my home, which was in the city of St Charles at the time, and never went back to em. I have heard that their service has gotten better I just went with verizon because my friends speak very highly of their service.

I would stay clear of Sprint....I have had nothing but negative experiences with them!

5. jasandcath

jasandcath New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We have several different services within the family group. The only one that consistently works is Cingular. We are usually around the 50 MM.

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    What about Alltel? I thought they where out of springfield or some where down in that area. They might have some good coverage in that area. Other then that I use Verizon with no complaints.

7. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Over the past five years I have had cingular, nextel, and sprint. Cingular is Ok, nextel absolutely sucks, but I like my Sprint best of all. I have one of the dual band sprint phones. Where there is cell phone reception, I can roam off of another providers coverage area free of charge. I've used my phone in Northeast Mo, at deer camp, Mark Twain Lake, around Truman Lake, and in the bootheel of Missouri without a single problem.