Best catfishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by FISHINSANTEE, Mar 22, 2007.

1. FISHINSANTEE

FISHINSANTEE New Member

State:
    sc
    If you could go anywhere in the states an catfish where would it be? What body of water is best known for it's catfish? I have to go with old faithfull for me SANTEE COOPER. I hear alot of people say they wish they could fish Santee. Just my opinion.

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Read the reports on the Tidal James in VA, the catches there are just crazy sometimes. IMO, the best Blue fishing in the states.

3. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    for consistent big blues:
    Rivers: VA/MD area hard to beat ... get in a boat with Tim Hagan (BOC member), don't be surprised if by mid trip a 20 - 30 lb blue seems "routine". Of course the Mississippi River comes to mind as well. Closer to home, the Red, Trinity, and Sabine River been known to produce pretty consistent hawgs.
    Lakes: to varied and to many to list. I'm lucky to have a few GREAT blue cat lakes as close as 20 mins away to maybe and hour or two drive. Then again, there are local lakes where a cat over 10 lbs is "big". My guess, most of the catfish country that has all three major species is similar. Santee certainly has a history, I'd like to fish it one day just to say I have.
    The hardest thing about any "best" list is each person tends to define "best" in a different way. Big cats? numbers of cats? both? channel? blues? flats? scenary? weather/temperture? bank or boat? rod and reel? fishing pressure/traffic? current or waves? big body of water or small? just want bites? camping? ... and it goes on.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    My choice for big cats would be Santee Cooper or James river. Only a dream.:big_smile:

5. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    As far as I'm concerned, whichever river is most consistent for flatties would be my choice. I have no idea what even the top 5 are.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That would be me too. I'd much rather chase the flatties rather than the blues.Not that I wouldn't wanna catch blues but I prefer flatties anyday!

7. sccrstar011

sccrstar011 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I always thought it would be neat to go on the Mississippi River.

8. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You would be correct. I have a soft spot for Mark Twain (the author) so there is no place I would rather be. It may not have the best fishing, cleanest water, or whatever but there is something about the Mississippi River that makes it special.

9. skipper1

skipper1 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    I've been to sante it great for flatties go me two 30 pounders but it has to be on a wooden raft on the mighty mississppi (spelling wright i think)

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Santee-Cooper because it gives me the chance to get the triple crown of catfishing.

11. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    My choice would be the Mississippi or Rock Rivers.