Best Catfishing in Oklahoma in May

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by CJSCASTER, Apr 10, 2006.

1. CJSCASTER

CJSCASTER Guest

Ok, I would like to know everyone's opinion on this...Where is the best catfishing in Oklahoma during the month of May? The more responses we can get the better?

Paul

2. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    My opinion for sheer numbers of 20 to 35 #LB flatheads the Chikaski river here in Kay county

3. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    May is the end of spawning time... the magic water temperature is 70-75 degrees. The fish should be spawned out and the females returned to the deeper water. The males guard the nest until the fry leave.

I think that the Arkansas River and Robert S Kerr Lake are the best catfishing areas 12 month out of the year.

4. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    #1 arkansas river -robert s kerr. #2 grand lake of the cherokees. #3 keystone lake.

5. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I think rivers are a good bet in May. Beaver lodges and logjams are pretty good for catfish. That is my opinion.

6. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i have to agree #1 ark riv kerr. (so far) still fishing lol # 2 ark river dardnell aria. lake of the arbuckles has some of the biggest prettyist blues ive ever seen .42# last aug on jug/pearch. would have 2 b #3 for me. :)

7. ChiefHookumPullum

ChiefHookumPullum New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i agree rivers are the best in may last year in may me and one of my builders went to skeleton creek out side of cresent ok and man did we get em it was the best time the hole year we took home 5 nice cats the smallest was 13.5 blue the biggest was 42.8 flat this year were going back and spend the hole night

8. rivrbunny

rivrbunny New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Definitely the Arkansas River:0a23: (but I am prejudiced:) )

9. okiekrawler

okiekrawler New Member

State:
    roland ,oklahoma
    I Gotta Go With The Arkansas River Or Kerr Lake. If Ya Get On The Lake Or Below The Dam You Got A Real Good Chance Of Catchin Alot And Big Fish. I Also Been Hearin Alot About Webbers Falls, But I Havent Been There.