Best Catfishing Hooks!

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by crazychuy, May 12, 2006.

1. crazychuy

crazychuy New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Hey Guys and Gals,

I don't know about anywhere else but here on the west coast Owner Hooks are very popular and to be honest they are the sharpest hooks I have ever owned. Some of the locals also use Gamakatsu hooks.

I have stuck myself more then I have stuck fish but the best thing about Owner hooks is that I have never had one gone dull on me. Never had to sharpen one because they stay sharp for a very long time.

Some people consider them expensive but I don't. Not compared to the other hooks on the market I consider them pretty competitively priced plus I try to get them on sale at a local tackle shop.

What is your "Best Catfishing Hook"?

CHUY (pronounced "CHEWIE")

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My favorite is Gamakatsu 8/0 Octopus circle hooks.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    my favorite hook for flats is a........5/0 mustad "worm hook"! (bass fishing):0a33: they are cheap, sharp, strong, and i rarely ever miss a fish! (or turtle)

4. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    7/0-10/0 Gamakatsu octopus is all I use, Owners are nice but they are crazy expensive. I can get a pack of 5, 10/0 hooks here for 2.20 a pack.

5. catfever

catfever Member

State:
    conway,s.c.
    I just switched over to 7/0 and 10/0 kahles, really like them.

6. Boots28

Boots28 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I only use the Lazer Sharp 5/0-10/0. I have stuck many a fish and my self plenty of times. I have caught Crappie, sandbass,carp and the most important Catfish with a 5/0.
    IMHO

7. btmfdr

btmfdr New Member

State:
    missouri
    gamakatsu octopus circles... snell em.

8. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Just like the ammo I use for my CCW hand gun, I use the ones that will always work.

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Chuy,
    I use 7/0 - 10/0 nickle plated kayle hooks. The 7/0 I can usually find for around $6 for 50 hooks The 9/0 around $16 for 50 hooks. 777