Best Catfishing Clothes ?

Discussion in 'Fishing Clothing Review' started by crazychuy, May 12, 2006.

1. crazychuy

crazychuy New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Hey Guys and Gals,

I was watching an episode of "In-Fisherman" TV the other day and Doug Stange was wearing Camo from head to toe and he was sturgeon fishing. I see it every once and awhile with the Camo pants or etc.... Please explain.

Does it make a difference in catching fish? Is it comfortable? Where can I buy some Camo clothes at cheap prices? Is it durable than wearing jeans or other clothes?

I ask this because you don't see too many fishermen or Catfishermen here in California wearing Camo. Mostly jeans and T-shirts. The only ones that wear Camo are the hunters but that is normal for hunters because they are trying to hide from they prey.

Thanks,

CHUY (pronounced "CHEWIE")

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have some camo shorts, and a hat i wear from time to time. the shorts are really comfortable and the hat just so happened to be in camo. when im catfishing on bank i try to stay as invisible as possible so the "predators" (folks looking find good spots to fish) dont see ya. in urban areas where there is heavy pressure you have to stay as low a profile as possible or you will be horded out in no time, camo helps a lot! best place to get camo cheap is an army surplus store.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I own quite a bit of cammo clothes and don't even hunt. LOL! I get em when places like Cabellas or Bass pro are givein em away on sale.

That and cammo is really good for sneakin up on the fish! Come on now! LOL!
    Besides CAMMO makes my butt look smaller. LOL!

4. kyblue49

kyblue49 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    my fishing partner got me a purple catfish connection hat for christmas a couple of years ago and every pic of me with a decent fish has my pretty purple hat in it. i dont know if it makes a difference or not but im not taking a chance

5. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I sen some stuf one time caled aquaflauge it was to kep from spooking the fish when they were close. SE YOU ON THE FISH BANK SOMETIME

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The only way camouflage would do you any good fishing,besides hiding from people, is if you were under the water holding the hook in your hand. If you have a fish on the line,guess what,the news is out! lol
    It has also been shown here on the BOC, that you can catch fish wearing a pink tutu! lmao

7. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    camo is also great for hiding all the blood/slime stains from your cutbait:big_smile:

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont know about other states, but here in Ohio we must wear camo to avoid the Flatheads from seeing us. I've had many a Flathead trip foiled by the Flathead friends such as Beavers, Carp & Birds. You see the Flathead pays his friends off if they catch obvious fishermen on the bank fishing. You all knoe how the Beaver slaps it's tail, right. Well that tail slapping is to warn local Flatheads that there are fishermen around.

Why do you think us Ohioans have the bottom of our boats painted camo? It's the same reason.

9. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I normally wear mossy oak chamois shirts in the long sleeve and shadow grass pattern, they are really warm for those chilly nights and very durable. I use them for duck hunting and fishing.

10. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    While I dont wear any camo, I have always opted for "earth tones" while fishing so Im not very obvious and here in our populated section of Ohio where everything is "Posted" we often must depend on gurrilla warfare tactics to fish places we do not want anyone to see us like landowners and more importantly, other fishermen, if they see you at a spot, they will start fishing there, everyone know that. ( thats really true here where we fish on the Great Miami River) we always use cut bushes to block our paths and only clear the trail after youve found it, never the entrance::roll_eyes:

Salmonid

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Oh yea..... & never pee near the entrance either. Other fishermen (usually Male Humans) will search your scent & find your spot.

12. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I Have Tons Of Camo As I Am As Much Of An Avid Hunter As I Am A Fisherman. The Only Time I Wear Them Fishing Is If We Were Hunting In A Place That We Needed A Boat To Get To And Decided To Fish After We Hunted.

The Main Reason I Don't Is Because The Quality Camo You Buy Is Expensive And If You Don't Wash It In Special Soap It Fades It Out Quickly:sad2: & The Special Soap Is Spendy, Elliot

13. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    This is kinda my line of thinking. I am usually wearing some green or grays. But as much as it is for the fish, it is really just so I don't get noticed out on the water by other people.

14. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Sorry.I thought it was due to "BRAIN DAMAGE".heh,heh,heh.peewee-williams

15. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ill wear camo sometimes just because I dont care if they get dirty. Id rather get them covered in liver than a pair of jeans. Ive also heard that its good to wear blue on sunny days so you dont stand out as much.

16. crazychuy

crazychuy New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Hey Brothers,

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. I don't blame you. I don't like to get my jeans dirty either but thats why I have fishing clothers which also happen to covered with blood stains, both mine and the fishes.

CHUY

17. AZCAT

AZCAT New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Camo helps. Flat heads are smart, the will see you.

18. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Heh heh heh, now that's a good one. You know, if B.S. were music, you'd be a brass band.:lol:

How come we choose from just two people for president and 50 for Miss America?

19. Madtownangler

Madtownangler New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    You should wear muted colors when fishing. The fish will get spooked easier with the bright clothes. The guys on the outdoor shows are always testing stuff out for companies, except they don't push it on you like the hunting shows do sometimes during the broadcast. Also camo clothes probably keep the flies and skeeters away. If you want to keep them away fish with the guy wearing the flowered T-Shirt

20. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Bibs and a shirt, don't matter what color shirt to me, but like my BIBS.