Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats your thoughts on the best catfish to eat? Flatheads, Blues or Channels? I'd be interested in in the same question posed with 20lb and up catfish as well. I've heard the big blues eat well, what about the others over 20lbs?

·
Registered
10,792 Posts
Welcome Kyle. I never met a catfish I didnt like to eat. Theyre all good.I like blues the best ,cause I get to eat more of em . Flats are very mild tasting to me ,but the bigger ones have a beef like flesh ,can be tough. Channels here in N M are great eating ,havent tried them from anyplace else.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
ive never aten blue. they arnt native in my area and the lakes that have them stocked i dont frequent. i eat pound after pound of channel cat all through the year but i would take flathead everytime over the channel. i ate flathead up to 25-30lbs and they were white flakey and great.:big_smile:

so best imo from what ive had. flatheads.

p.s. eat a few big ones too. if we eat all the lil ones wheres the next generation coming from?????????????????????????

·
Registered
14 Posts
If I want catfish to eat, I usually go to my Grandpa's pond and catch the little channel's (pan size ones). Farm raised cats taste better to me. Never ate blues or flats just the 1-3 pound farm raised channel catfish for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.