Best catfish state

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by raybait1, Aug 29, 2008.

1. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    What state do you guys think has the best catfishing? I have to say Louisiana. I grew up fishing there. Having fished Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas as well, nothing compares.

2. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    There are some monsters that come out of Ohio as well as many other states, I guess it depends where and what you fish for 60- 80 lbers come out of Iowa constantly

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I can see something but I just dont know what it is comin here (LOL)so I must ask what kind of fishing we diong Trophy hunting or gettin a fresh fillet and brewsky fishing ???? cause that will narrow my list of places to guess bout ......but right round here at home sure aint to bad ....we have a little of everything:roll_eyes:

4. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas

I'm saying fresh fillet and brewsky. I never trophy hunt, I dont even have a scale. I don't mind catching a trophy dont get me wrong. But! I dont mean catching 12 inch fish by the freezer full eather. Should be a happy medium there.

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    (LOL) come up we will giver hell ! Do you want channel flatt er blue there round:big_smile:

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    As far as I'm concerned its the state ya live in. :wink: Learn it and have fun with it. What did ya expect. I live in Joisy. LOL!

7. baitnwait

baitnwait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Ray I grew up in Louisiana myself. I have also lived and fished in Tennessee, North and South Carolina. My personal pick would be Tennessee as a state in general as compared to individual lakes or rivers within a state. With the Tennessee and Cumberland rivers and opportunity to fish year round, it is hard to beat.

8. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    My votes gotta go ta Weeeeezeeeeana, since they opened the Red River to the general public with the ramps and lock and dams,.....Catfishin is truely Awesum......:cool2:

9. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    I can't tell what state. If I had to say those Henderson Kentucky boys seem to me is doing a good job on the Ohio river.

10. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    tn by far unless i move to another state :eek:oooh: :roll_eyes: :tounge_out:

11. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    ALABAMA:wink: is my pick...its hard to beat the tenn river..

12. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    What ha said!cept I live in IOWA-HOME MAN -HOME!

13. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    The st. of :crazy: CONFUSION :tounge_out::eek:oooh::roll_eyes::cool2::crazy::confused2: IN 2 hours I can be on 1 of 10 different lakes and they all hold a fishable population of catfish. Then there is all the river that I pass to get to them lakes:crazy: WOOOOOOO let's not forget those Creeks. How many of ya'll are this dang lucky:crazy::wink::smile2::big_smile::cool2:

14. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    e can tell u illinois is not the best i fish twice a week in the best banks, and get a ten twenty pounder once a month and im edecated in the tactics of all species, althogh i dont have a boat

15. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Right here!

16. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Now you know you are only gonna get biased opinions with that question.:eek:oooh:

So I'll give you an honest and true answer. Absolutely the best catfishing state is............Arkansas.:smile2:

Now you know that wasn't biased at all....... was it???:eek:oooh::confused2::big_smile:

17. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    unbiased as i can get.for channels got to be as far up the red river you can get and still be in the us.
    blues got to be the mighty issippi from tunica to where it leaves arkansas.
    flat heads kansas and ohio are a toss up.
    this is just my opion and its based on what ive seen on tv,what ive read in books and on the boc and from talking to people ive met at boc gatherings.but then i could be wrong and kev rite and arkansas is the place to be.

18. payton350

payton350 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Iowa has so many creeks and ponds that dont't get fished much that are loaded with cats, then you got the more known places.

19. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    Should have known everyone would pick their home state. Plus it never occurred to me that a lot of guys have only fished in their home states.

20. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I'm gonna go with what I know, and that's Oklahoma. In my opinion any state that the majority of the fish are inedible due to whatever reasons cannot be considered a top catfishing state.