Best Catfish Bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by kingfish52, Jul 20, 2008.

1. kingfish52

kingfish52 New Member

State:
    New York
    NOTE : THIS TAKE A FEW DAYS TO GET REALLY STINKY!

ITEMS YOU WILL NEED, AND WHERE TO GET THEM :
    1. Limburger Cheese or similar stinky cheese (1 carton – ¼ pound is plenty) You can find this in the cheese section of your grocery store. You only need a small amount due to the powerful smell this cheese has.
    2. Ground Hamburger Meat (1/2 pound – uncooked "raw")
    3. Regular Corn Flakes (For thickness) Add more corn flakes to make the bait thicker if needed.
    4. Beer (of any choice 1/2 can) Catfish don’t care what brand, or if it is Lite, Bud, Coors, etc.
    5. Garlic Powder
    6. Chicken Liver Blood (1 container of only the blood – 2 pints) You can find this buy going to the meat section of your grocery store, and buy a couple of pints of chicken livers and drain them for the blood.
    7. (Secret Ingredient) Longcut copenhagen (1 pouch) This can be found in most any tobacco section of a grocery store or convenience store.

LET'S MIX IT TOGETHER :
    1. Grab a large bowl for mixing
    2. Mix Limburger cheese and ground hamburger meat together.
    3. Add Garlic powder (just enough to cover the top of the meat mixture – sprinkle over the entire surface) and then add beer.
    4. Add the chicken liver blood
    5. Empty the pouch of copenhagen into the bowl.
    6. Add the cornflakes and mix together to a good thickness (this will usually take 1/4 of the box of cornflakes) If a thicker mixture is needed just add more cornflakes.
    7. Put in a bowl or can with a lid. I use big coffee cans with lid sealed good.
    8. Set away for 2-3 days. I set it out in the sun out on my back porch.
    9. Keep this smelly mixture in the sealed can in the refrigerator for a few weeks. Keeping in mind that some of the ingredients will continue to spoil and become really smelly. And most of all, don’t open the lid inside the house!:crazy::0a26::0a26:

2. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Chris, I'll try it and thanks for the info on making it. I always need a bait for fishing.
    By the way, Welcome to the BOC. You will find info here on everything that you ever wanted to know. Great people plus check out the library for lots of past posts on every subject.

3. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Sounds interesting. I may just have to try it.

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Great idea! Get them to chew on that Copenhagen for a while, and it'll give you plenty of time to set the hook. :smile2:

5. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    I'm game to try just about anything.

6. brucemacgee19

brucemacgee19 New Member

State:
    nc
  7. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Did you say this was catfish bait or something to keep away unwanted relatives and door-to-door salesmen?!?!?!?:smile2:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Chris Welcome to the BOC, from So.Illinois and thanks for the receipt.[/B]

9. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I couldn't dare put some in my boat.....since me & Johnny both Dip!!!!:wink::tounge_out::eek:oooh: that would definately be one for the record books if ya lived to tell about it!!!!:0a30:

10. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks for the recipe. Welcome to the BOC.

11. shovelhead71

shovelhead71 New Member

State:
    georgia
    No joke - we use to bow hunt bear up in Canada and this product called 10 DEAD HORSES, was used back in the late 60's when the campers in Yellowstone were getting violated by bears coming into camping area's. Their own stupidity by the way. But the park service trapped and shipped the bears out - the ones that remained that were harder to catch - this product was used in the bear traps.
    It came in a can - that had another can sealed inside of it. Inside the second can were 2 plastic bottle and a pair of high quality rubber gloves. You would take meat cuttings and put this is 5 gallon buckets and use only droplets of this product and put the lids on. In no less than a couple days you had maggots and you did not want to breath any of the smell. It was god aweful. The product inhanced bacteria and was putrified fat.

We use to use tad bits of this for bow hunting carp - they would swarm an area that was baited with this.