best casting fishing line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by hellzbells, Feb 12, 2009.

1. hellzbells

hellzbells New Member

State:
    mo
    i just bought a new setup ,a abu tc 6500,with a 9ft berkely glowstick,im looking for the best casting line mono or braid ,prefer a hi vis line ive heard glowing reviews about sufix braid thanks in advance loyd

2. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I like Power Pro 80lb test in a braid. I use red but to each their own...

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    welcome aboard.I like cajun red line but im going to give the berkley gorilla braid a try on one of my reels,the rest have the cajun on it.

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Power Pro is gonna be real hard to beat.......

5. Cuda

Cuda Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    Tuf-line XP Works real well for me 30# 8# dia. Casts nice and comes in green, yellow or red.

6. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use 12' rods and 6500 and 7000 Abu Pro Rockets. Distance is important to me because I only bank fish. I also fish in an area where blues up to 100# are possible to catch, so I also need a strong line. I have found Power Pro #65 works very well for the strength and distance I need.
    Good luck.

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I use Power Pro on all of my Cat Rods. #65lbs, but as I re-spool am now using #80.

Don't expect that Hi-Vis Color on the braid to last too long however. It is going to fade and that is just a fact.

They say you can bring the color back with a marker but who the hell is gonna pull all that line off the reel and color it!:eek:oooh:

8. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I am Power pro guy myself. I use #100 so I can rip the cats out of the structure.

9. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    suffix performance braid!.... accept no substitutes

10. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I also like Power Pro. Plus, I can get 300 yard spools of 50 lb test at Academy for 20.00....

11. Relocated-Yankee

Relocated-Yankee New Member

State:
    Goldsboro
    The best casting monofilament has to be Sufix Tritanium. Surf casters up and down the East coast swear by it. Sufix also makes an Elite and Superior mono, but the Tritanium is the best casting line you'll find.

Scott

12. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    I've been using Western Filament 50# Dacron and love it, especially because it can be spliced. I had a cheap bait caster that I was going to toss in the trash and wanted to try one last thing with it. I bought some dacron line and was amazed. That reel is now one of my favorites because with a heavy handed throw, I can empty the spool. :) Western Filament also makes Tuf Line XP, which was mentioned previously...I'm going to try it next. It seems to me that Power Pro has the largest group of followers, I just haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

13. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Im a firm believer in Big Game in the hi viz

14. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I wish more tackle shops and outlets in the midwest carried Sufix Tritanium. I have never used it but have seen it mentioned quite a bit on the surf fishing site I frequent, it must be quite the mono.