BEST CASTING BRAID

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by slikk03, May 6, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    I NEED A BRAID THAT WILL SAIL, SPIDER OR POWER PRO, WICH CAST BETTER WHATS THE DIFFERANCE IN THEM, 50 POUND TEST,

2. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    FROM WHAT EVERYONE THINKS & SAYS ABOUT POWER PRO I THINK IT WILL BE A BETTER CASTER........ I HAVE 2 UNUSED SPOOLS OF SPIDERWIRE STEALTH IM HOPEING TO PUT ON 2 SPINNERS I HAVE........ (STILL CAN'T DECIDE ):smile2:

3. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I use Power Pro on a regular basis. It is advertised as being more round in shape than Spider wire. The thing I notice most about it is pretty much zero spool memory. This is what I think contributes to the long casts.

4. Cuda

Cuda Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    I like Western XP Tuff Line 30lb test 8lb dia. It really casts nice and is the same size that PP is. But is not as stiff and you can get it in green,red and yellow. Easy to make long casts with thin line. The more flex the line has the longer it casts. IMO

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    The new Vicious Braid has turned out to be great all around. And it's less expensive than most braids.

6. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I like the Spiderwire. I've used PowerPro on some smaller reels and it seemed to bind in on itself when the line is tight on the spool. I've never had that problem with the Spiderwire. I'll give it another shot sometime. It sure has become popular.

7. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I have used almost all the braids including power pro and gorilla which I still use but as for casting I have found Stren super braid out performs them all.... This is coming from a Penn reel guy by the way:wink:

8. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    I used spiderwire for years and love it because of it's low stretch but did find it a little hard to cast long distances on my baitcaster. I switched to power pro about 2 years ago and I still fish it to this day except on my spinning reel. the power pro casts better it stretches a bit more but the difference isnt very noticeable. I run 65 pound power pro on my baitcasters and 80 spiderwire on my spinning reel. it doesn't affect the casting as much with the spinning reel but you need a little more weight to fling it farther but to be honest they're both great lines especially if you fish log james or strong current because of it's low stretch but that new line steve is using has me a little curious but I'll run at least 65 instead of 50 like steve so I won't loose moby the day he decides to come visit me:smile2:

9. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    I second the Stren Superbraid. That's all I use on my cat gear. I have Spyderwire on my spinning rods but it seems to tangle more than the Sten. Just my thoughts.

10. BluecatSC

BluecatSC New Member

State:
    SC
    What kind of reel are you putting the braid on. For me you can not go wrong with the power pro. Just make sure you but some backing on it. That away it will not slip on the spool

11. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Power Pro #65 love the red on my 6500 & 7000 Pro Rockets.

12. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've got some 80# Power Pro, and I really like it, but I have to watch for abrasion down at the terminal end. I use a swivel to attach 2'-4' of mono leader, but I still have to occasionally cut off a foot or two of the braid, just above the swivel.
    I've got 20# Remington Core-Lockt on my skipjack rod, and it works really super, casting those light crappie jigs.

13. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Power Pro is what we use around here.

14. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Tuf-Line has been my favorite for years now.I use it on my baitcasters and my wife uses it a lot on her spinning reels for river fishing.It casts and behaves like a dream on both.Saves me a few bucks too.Don,t know why it doesn,t get mentioned more-it,s like it,s the redheaded stepkid of braided lines.:eek:oooh::confused2:

15. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    i like suffix perormance braid it casts like a champ and is slightly more abrasion resistant than power pro.
    the difference between these 2 is power pro is made of 4 strands weaved together and suffix uses 6.

16. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with Mark, suffix is the best braid I have tried. I am able to cast a lot farther and use a heavier pound line on my reels. Not only that, but it holds a knot really well.
    While fishing a few weeks ago I got snagged on a large semi-truck tire. The tire was full of mud and I was able to drag it out of the river.