Best carp outing ever

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by mcwrestler, Mar 30, 2007.

1. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Today was hands down the best day carping I have ever had. It was during the TN spring fish in with the Carp Anglers Group. I arrived at 9 am an within about 5 minutes I had my first run. It was constant. One man there had caught 3 20lb plus carp between 7 and 9. There were 3 of us on the bank, with 7 rods out. At one point the man with 3 had hits on 2 while we both had hits on one. At one point we had 3 or 4 fish on the bank at once. The bait that was producing was made by one of the men their, Wayne, his K-1 Boilies Pineapple Ice Cream flavor was tearing it up. Also, his Juicy Tutti Fruity maize was working well also. Alot of hard work went into these baits, I bought 3 packs of the boilies and 2 of the maize after the results of today. My final total was over 16 fish with a weight exceeding 115lbs. I did not keep good notes, it was hard since it was constant action, but the total could even pass 150 or so. This was the 5th day of the fish in. After 4 days there had been 1912 lbs of fish landed, today alone one man caught around 45 carp for well over 400lbs and encroaching 500. I will post the final numbers when I hear them. Oh, and my biggest was 22lbs 8oz caught on 2 Pineapple Ice Cream Boilies. here is a picture.

Attached Files:

2. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Nice job! Sounds like you had a great time. Can't wait till I start catching. Had a few bites today. Anyways congrats!

3. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    I can't wait. Great job!

4. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wow what a day!
    What do you do with them after you catch them?

5. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We do CPR like any ethical angler.

6. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    So tell me brother, what are you gonna do with all those guys.

7. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We just throw them back in. I treat them the same as I do the catfish. They are a great fighter and a resilient fish that many seem to laugh at. They may be no bass, but tell me the last time a big bass gave a fight compared to some of the carp. Carp in freshwater are only rivaled by a blue cat, maybe flathead. Catfish are more like tugboats, slow steady and unyielding, some carp are like runaway trains. One direction full speed. Since I fish for the joy of the fight I release them to catch them again.

8. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    man if pineapple was in it. i can see you haveing a day like that. i use wheaties and crushed pineapple ( dole ) heavy surop . and always catch big carp. i wont fish with anything else . for them. the big ones are fun to catch huh . my drag one day some how got tightend all the way down. and had a 15lber pull so hard my spun my spool off. even tightend down. old school mitchel reel. and i had to drag him in by my hands. about cut them off. lol

9. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    K-1 Pineapple Ice cream boilies, they were hot. Pineapple is really gaining popularity, it made me a believer. They were the best bait I have used. Only thing is, boilies are new on most waters and fish don't immediatly take to them, but if they come across one they take it. I have actually hair rigged pineapple chunks and caught some decent carp. I will go check Chilhowee lake on Monday and see where the water level is, depending on conditions I may go bakc out tuesday and try to break my PB that was 27lbs caught there. I have goals of a 30 on my mind. I would love to get it soon. Irregardless of a 30 or not, Friday was beyond anything I have imagined. The final number for around 8 anglers fishing different days for a week will probably pass the 3000 lb mark, and may be near the 4000. A great place to fish, alot of fun. I am trying to get a few guys involved in the carp fishing, and afte rhearing my trip they are interested. One asked if carp fight and I said take a 10 lb bass, and its harder than that.

10. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Actually my numbers before were off. After day 5 (yesterday) a total of 2,983 lbs had been caught, and I know the weight I gave them for me was low. So it looks like if today went well, and tommorow stays hot the final total may be over 5000lbs.

11. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    dude send me some of those boilies!!:tounge_out: actually, think i am going to try the pineapple and wheaties trick.

12. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Looks like a great day, that was nice one in the pic. Way to go Brother

13. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Dink, get a can of Jumex pineapple necter, and use that as the liquid for the Wheaties.
    1 can of jumex
    1 box of Wheaties
    = some killer bait