Best Canal Spots Around Phoenix

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by badams, Nov 2, 2008.

1. badams

badams New Member

State:
    california
    Gonna be in Phoenix next weekend. Wondering if some of you local guys could give me your opinions as to which canals and where on em is the best fishing spots?

2. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Like irrigation canals? Not much going on in the irrigation canals, Id just go to encanto park and fish. Guy I sat next to last night c&r'ed 40 channels.
    I gut hooked 4 in a row.:embarassed:
    You need an urban fishing license, I think theyre 6 bucks now.

3. badams

badams New Member

State:
    california
    Thanks man. I really do appreciate your reply but as soon as I saw the word park I envisioned, No standing ,no sitting,no farting ,no shit--ng,no dogs ,no drinking,watch what you're thinking. No overhead casting ,back talk or sassing. Last but not least.When you're done doing the mole,fill up the dam-ed hole. Oh yeah. No shoes ,no shirt ,no fishing. Know what I mean bro?

4. bigfisher17

bigfisher17 New Member

State:
    arizona
    i dont know of any canals off the top of my head try yumabassman.com it talks about canals all the time and where 2 go

5. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Haha, no its not like that. Ive been fishing there for about 15 years and never had a problem. Think mad max beyond thunderdome and youre about close to the atmosphere.
    Yeah, the canals are pretty much all the same as long as they have enough water depth. I fish the canal by 67th ave and greenway and have caught some nice fish and have only been hassled by the police once. I guess I matched the description of someone fishing. I usually catch about a fish an hour, anywhere from 2-10 lbs.