Best Buckeye All nighter snack/meal??

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Salmonid, May 21, 2008.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Ok folks, need some serious help here, here is the situation, Im in the boat, anchored up, its dark, its cold and windy ( after all its June in Ohio) bored to tears , no fish biting ( still in Ohio) and my stomach starts to grumble...

I need to hear the best, on the boat, no gas grill,meals you all come up with, something that taste great with shad gut marinade ( from my hands)

Lets hear what all you folks bring to the dinner table!

Im getting tired of cold cuts and cookies.....

Oh yeah, Mellon is a big boy and needs a lot of food to keep him a happy anchor boy :smile2:

Salmonid

2. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    MAN I HAVE THE PERFECT FOOD FOR YOU!! SARDINES:big_smile:, CANT EVEN TASTE THE SHAD YOU HAVE ON YOUR HANDS AND PROBALLY MAKES IT A LITTLE BETTER. REMEMBER THE RITZ CRACKERS ALSO. ICE COLD MT. DEW AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST LAYES POTATO CHIPS!!!!!:smile2::big_smile:. DINNER OF CHAMPIONS, AND ALL CATFISHERMAN!!:tounge_out:

3. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    My sons always bring some peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches.Just eat out of the baggie:wink:Good quick energy also.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mark, you can go to the local Army Navy and buy some cheap throw away burners, kinda like the firestarters, that will cook a can of soup fast. I prefer using spagettios or beeniee weinees, or any can of campbells soup on them. fast fix for a hearty appetite at 3 am..:wink: rollo

5. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Iwill now be taking cold pizza!
    The other night ,as soon as we
    had a slice of pizza . My buddy caght
    a 27 # flathead.Pizza an redbull!!!!!

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Planters Salted Cashews, Sweet rolls.... then again, I carry the grill.

Conns Party mix, subs, granola bars, jerky, summer sausage and cheese, pop tarts, trail mix.....

Dang it now I'm hungry!

7. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Tortillas and salsa!

Plenty of Pepsi.

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    something cold and in a bottle................................and I might wash that down with some jerky

9. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Cold barbecue chicken from grilling out the previous night. That is my favorite thing to take. The legs are best with shad guts because you can get by with only touching the end piece of bone. Don't lick the sauce off your fingers! :wink:

10. FDR

FDR New Member

State:
    Ohio,Cincinnati
  11. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Never get hungry, just eat seeds for 8 hours consecutively and make sure you have a gallon of water. There's so many flavors...

Great for passing the time and a little better for you than chips. Jerky and BBQ chips is usually my go to, but if you need more substantial...

Cold cuts/Potato Salad and Jolt Cola....

12. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I usually take along a can of vienna sausage and a baggie full of chips, topped off with of Little Debbies Oatmeal Cream Pies .... Washed down with either coffee, water or Pepsi ......... Garry- :roll_eyes:

13. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    My choice is usually deer sausage or jerky along with cool beverages to a limit.

14. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I usually lose my apatite because the fish aren't biting. Sometimes Loanwizard makes me eat, says I have to keep my strength up to haul in the anchor. I usually have to chew on week old pretzels rods and drink cold coffee while watching him eat the variety of things he just mentioned. If I don't eat he gets the whip out, as if taking me to bad spots isn't punishment enough!lol :eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2:

15. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Now listen here! I just got an application today for your seat. Those spots is good! See folks, Jack has this ummm..... thing.... He refuses to fish without his feet in the water and let me tell you about his feet. They have toenails about 6 inches long, and he sharpens them on the boat.... with his teeth! No, he is not a contortionist, he just takes them out and scrapes em down. Well, them there shavins get caught up in the shad on the bait board. Now Jack loves shad sandwiches, but the catfish don't seem to care for toe jam on their samiches. Then to top it off, Jack.... well, Jack passes gas..... his flatulence is legendary..... There are people in this area who believe in Sasquatch (Big Foot) because of the rumblin and echoing in the hills around the lake and river when Jack's about.

I actually have specialized head gear to protect myself. I continue to take him out in the middle of nowhere to give some relief ever oncet in awhile to his kin.

I think with Flatheads sensitivity to vibration and smell that..... well let's just say that Jack's flatulence frightens flathead fish.

16. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    ham sandwich on white cheese mayo and grippo chips with sweet tea yummy rick

17. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    honey roasted peanuts and moutnain dew is good also

18. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Sardines in hot sauce with saltine crackers and chase it with barly pop.
    Don't matter what your hands smell like, the sardines cover it up.
    Rinse the can out in the water when finished and you got a little free chum.

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Dill Pickle seeds, homemade jerky and maybe a sandwich or two. Gotta have plenty of tea and water also.

20. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    got to have the mountain dew.i usually dont eat anything when i am fishing,i raid the fridge when i get home