Best buck pic so far

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by VerotiK, Oct 19, 2005.

1. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    I got a pic of this guy over the scrape that i have been doctoring. Its also the scrape that i killed a doe over on monday. This was taken yesterday morning. If this guy happens by while im in the stand, you guys might have some trouble from me with the big big contest.

Attached Files:

2. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    LOL easy now. Thats a great deer but you should let him live anouther year or two looks like a very young deer but if he was to cross my stand I would have a hard time not shooting him either. That is awsome hopefully you will get him that would be awsome.

3. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I was out hunting tonight and this one walked by me, I let him go cause he look familiar to me, well I bet he was old anyway and tough. :p

4. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Good looking buck but im with ssg. Let em grow if you can but if he gets your heart racing take em. Id say 2 years old max, just imagine him in another two years.

5. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    Now That Is A Nice Deer But The Contest Has Barely Underway And I Got Some Nice Ones Strolling Around Where My Stand Is...lol.. But I Do Hope You Get The Chance To See Him From Your Stand But The Big Question Is Are Ya Gonna Follow Ssg's Advice For Me It Would Be Almost Impossible To Let Him Walk....

6. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    If I Seen One Like Dh's Photo You All Would Be Able To Stop From Running Till I Got In My Truck And Locked The Doors...lol...

7. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    I'll be honest, if i see him and i have a good shot, he's dead. I think he is older than 2 myself. He is an 8 point, has 1 broken eye guard and one half broke off. I think he's a 2 1/2 - 3 year old. He might be a 2 year old up north, but around here, he's older than that.

That sure is an ugly buck DH. :p

8. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    Thats a real nice buck Baitfish!

9. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Vertoc you might try to rattle that dude in if he's got broken tines he may be fighter and if he is a fighter then maybe he would come in. Yea i would take him as well I was just messing with you trying to get you not to beat me in the contest. Now if it where the buck DH saw I wouldnt shoot that buck for anything I would really want those jeans passed on in my woods for sure..... LOL

10. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    DH, you should have shot that poor critter.
    Either to put him out of his misery or ours!
    LMAO!
    (sorry chuck,had to take the shot)

11. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Well I for one can't shoot him. He is completely not legal where I hunt at. We have a 4 point rule here so he would be safe to walk around next year and maybe get a better rack.

12. retailredneck

retailredneck New Member

State:
    Richmond Va
    Today I was sad to see on my way to work a huge buck dead on the side of the interstate 95.I stopped and looked at him ,he was a wide racked 10 point.looked like he was hit early in the am cause he wasnt stiff.I thought about tossin him in the truck just as a state trooper stopped looked at the deer and asked if I hit it,I said no just seen it here and stopped to admire it because he was so big ,the trooper said he would have it mounted if he killed it with gun/bow.or black powder.he came to see the deer because someone called and said it was causing traffic to slow for people looking.anyway it was a awesome buck I know anyone who hunts would love to see walking by them .I know after I stopped shaking I would have tried a shot at him lol.in the end I left the trooper standing by the deer as I drove off....

13. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    that always get me when the car gets them before i do. i personaly would let that buck grow, especialy if he's on your property or property that you only hunt. but if you get a rush and a great feeling then i say shoot its that feeling most of us hunt for, for me personaly i rather have the chance of shooting an even bigger one. it also dopends where you hunt. if thats a great deer where you hunt then shot but if its just above average than i would say wait. what ever you do make sure you keep us posted and tell us if you shot a this or any buck this season.

14. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    The rub with letting them walk like that is someone else going to let them walk that goes through my mind every time. Im sure some of them make it and then you hear stories and see pictures of ones that didnt and really makes you wonder. Personally I like the four point rule we have here in Missouri but I guess that one would count for that as well. With a bow that would be a great deer anywhere.

15. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    I wish they had a 4-point rule here. Unfortunately, its just 3 on one side to be legal. As far as letting him go, there are 4 guys down the road that dont know about this guy that'll shoot anything that walks by. They've already lost a doe this year by a gut shot, so i have no reason to believe that if i let it go, that they would. And also, this is an above average deer for here. Most deer are basket-rack bucks. There has never been a B&C deer taken in the zone i hunt.

16. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Man I wouldnt blame you at all for taking that dude. I would esp. if there where 4 others that I know would that is what makes it hard to pass up when you know someone else will take them.

17. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ive heard the southern deer dont get as big as midwestern or northern deer.
    When I first looked at the pic I was figuring long thin six pointer and young. Any deer or buck is a trophy, just hopefully your trophies get bigger year after year. Ive shot many bucks smaller than that and have been excited taking em. That one may even have a shot at the big buck contest if you can get him.

18. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    Deer in my area dont get as big. Down in southern arkansas they can get pretty large, but it is mostly flat farm land and rice fields. Where i live is nothing but mountains and pastures. There isn't much forage for them besides whats just naturally in the woods. The biggest one i've heard of was shot last year about 40 miles south of where i live, it was a 25 point non-typical. Even with all those points, i still dont think it qualified for B&C.

19. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    I'd take him out Jon!!
    Looks like a real nice Buck!!!

20. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    SSG Johnson.. You think that one point counts? It looks to me like it's a bit too short. I still would let the buck walk though. No matter if you have guy's in your area that would shoot the buck or not. There is still a chance that the buck will evade them or there just bad shots. What ever the case I'm letting it walk.