Best brand/type of bobber

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by CJSCASTER, Apr 10, 2006.

1. CJSCASTER

CJSCASTER Guest

Hey guys,

Is there one type/brand name of bobber that's better than the rest or will any bobber do the trick. I need to buy some and want to get quality not quantity. How about any new "breakthoughs" I havent' heard about?

Thanks
    Paul

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Go to ur local Wal-Mart or tackle store, they should have some nice bobbers.

3. TexasCatfish

TexasCatfish New Member

State:
    Texas
    I use the big black, yellow (glows in the dark also), and orange ones with the weights in the bottom. Got them from a sporting goods store, can't remember which one though. They're about 4 dollars, so don't get them hung up. Lol.

4. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    CJ, how are you fishing with the bobber? That way we would know what type of float you are looking for. Check out Catfish Connection, they have a nice selection, that are reasonably priced.

5. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    There isn't really a good brand i think, a bobber is a bobber, it just matters what your fishing for with a bobber, and the size of it.

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I would say look for one that is made of balsa wood for your normal bobbers. It would also help to know what you plan on fishing for and what setup you have. If your looking for a big live bait bobber I would say look at one of our sponsors sites Maine Wolk Products, looks like he has some nice bobbers for big baits.

7. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Thill floats are the best. They Make some european style floats That are very specialized for different conditions (wind current etc)

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i use thills, but they are a little costly. i seen some floats at bass pro called "billy boy bobbers", they were shaped like a huge egg, really cheap too. if i didnt already have a bunch of thills i would have bought some.

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Our sponsor - Maine Wolf offers a Kat bobber that you can stick a glow stick in for night fishing. I will be ordering some of these soon to try out!

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I only use a bobber when fishing for bait;)