Best braided line?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by kat buster, Jan 5, 2007.

1. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I think I might go with power pro, or fireling, or maybe even suffix if I pick braided line. What do you guys think?

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    DJ: There are a lot of post about braided line. Power Pro is one of the better ones. Check out the BOC library for more facts and opinions.

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Power pro is probally the best one ive tried so far stren too but they dont have the selection pp has. Ive also tried spider and gorilla braid the last being my least favorite. fireline didnt have a big enough line for me to try it. Shakespeare has their NEW UGLY BRAID That Im intersted in trying though. Braids are a good choice especially in heavy current their their thinner dia lets um cut through the water better.

4. Joe_T

Joe_T New Member

State:
    NY
    I only use Power Pro now. I'm more of a light tackle fisherman. When I use mono lines they tend not to stay on my small reels. I also like the fact that it is very thin per # test.

5. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I've been using Spider Wire Stealth,but I'm going to switch over to Power Pro this year. I have a friend who uses Power Pro,and I've been wanting to try something different than Spider Wire,so I'm going to spool all of my reels with Power Pro before the winter is over.

6. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    I only use PowerPro braided line. I have never had issues with it. The only recommendation on braided line is that you have a smaller pound test leader from the main line. This way if/when you snag, it will break off at the leader.

I use 65lb test braided line on my spool, with either a 40lb test Suffix mono leader or 50lb test braided leader...depending on the water clarity. It has worked very well for me.

Ryan

7. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I Don't Use Braid Much But I Would Recommend Power Pro Or Berkley's Gorilla Braid.

8. Catfish_addiction

Catfish_addiction New Member

State:
    Texas
    30# test Tuf Line Xp Yellow, This is one of the best fishing lines I've ever used. Sold at Cabela's, price is not too bad and this line is great.

9. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    Power Pro is the only line that i use and it is tough. The 50 lb test pulled me and my boat up stream for about 500 feet one day on the river. After that day I have not used any other line. There has been only one time that it has broken on me, and it was my fault.

10. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Power Pro only. Never have had a reason to change.

11. navigator

navigator New Member

State:
    NC- Brunswick County
    I've used spiderwire for about 10 years now and once I figured out a few things I have never had a reason to try anything different. Other lines might be better, I just haven't tried them.

I just only use a pallomar knot for tying to hooks, swivels etc because an improved clinch knot will slip ifyou don't pull it tight with pliers, the pallomar won't.

I wrap a couple of wraps around the spool before tying, this keeps it from slipping on the spool. some use a mono backing but the couple of wraps and then tying works for me.

the only time I ever have to change the line is when it gets too short from cutting and retying, it lasts for years.

12. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    All my catfishing rods are baitcasters with 50 pound power pro. My spinning rods for b@$$ are filled with Fireline with fluorocarbon leaders. As much as I like the lighter test Fireline, I dont like it in the heavier tests, it doesn't handle as well as Power Pro. Thats my $.02.

13. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Power Pro diffenately but make sure you use a berkley trilene knot or even better a double polmer knot.

14. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    I have Spiderwire on my bass poles but all my big roads have 65# Power Pro and I like it a lot better than the SW so will probably changs on smaller rods when I get ready to change line next time. Just bought me 1500 yds of PP in the Phantom Red color but haven't had a chance to try it yet and see how I like it.

15. kdm75

kdm75 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I have used fireline for a few years with no problem its hard to break but it does seem to get fussy if you fish around rocks are other abbrasive surrounding's alot. I think any braid will do good as long as you use a the appropiate knot. I use a polymer knot when I'm using briaded line it hasn't let a hook leave my line yet.

16. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    With all the post in favor of power pro it must be good : however, like a lot of the power pro users, I started out with stren super braid and I have liked it so much I see absolutely no reason to change. It holds knots well and it has no memory. You can cast it a mile and it does not fray, meaning it last forever. Good luck with which ever braid you try.

17. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois
    I have tried Power Pro and Spiderwire but Tuf-Line hands down...I`ve had a reel with a 60lb test line for 4 yrs and i`ve never had to change it.This line will not break.The last time i looked,i think the going rate is $12 for 150yds.

18. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I have both and cant tell much of a difference they are both quality.

19. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I dont care for braided line that line much, I have never had good sucess with it.

20. Techno2000

Techno2000 New Member

State:
    New Orleans,LA
    I love power pro because it does not twist up when casting with a spinning reel.