Best Braided line for a baitcaster reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by cathunter600, Jul 30, 2008.

1. cathunter600

cathunter600 New Member

State:
    alabama
    Which would work better on a baitcaster. Spiderwire,Powerpro or some other company's product.

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas

3. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I like PowerPro, but I suspect the others will work as well. I have heard good things about Suffix...

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I like sufix braid a lot.

5. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use #65 power pro on my 6500 and #80 on the 7000. Both reels are Pro Rockets and both cast great. I tried Stealth before and switched back to Power Pro and have had no problems. Good luck.

6. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Have a look at Diawa's line up of braid. They all are very small dia. but very strong. I personally use Penn 320 GT2 reels with either Diawa's Samari or Saltiga braid, and I love the line.

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've got PowerPro on one reel, and Remington CoreLockd on another. I like them both. I've heard good reports about Gorilla Braid, and I plan to spool my Abu 6500 with that as soon as I get the reel fixed.

8. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    for $20 you can get a 300 yd spool of gorilla tough braid.....

i have 35lb now but im looking at the 50 for giving mr. flathead an Eviction Notice:roll_eyes:

i like it so far... its really abrasion resistant to rocks and crap except rusty rebar but then again no braid is resistant to that :wink: