Best blue-tooth for the $ ?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dinkbuster1, Jun 23, 2007.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    just got a new phone that is blue-tooth compatable. what should i look out for when shopping for a blue-tooth and whats the best "bang-for-tha-buck"?:confused2:

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Mike,

I really don't know, but I got a Samsung last Sat. that came with the blue tooth, for twelve dollars and fifty cents. Wow, what a deal, then I found a car charger and a leather case in the dollar close out bin for it.

I don't care for the blue tooth, yet. I still am using the head set, because I really haven't had time to read the manuals............who does? Anyway, I've always had Nokias until the young lady convinced me to go with this one.

I added internet yesterday for 5 bucks a month, unlimited access.........but the BOC is too large for it. I'm looking at getting a blackberry pearl or a so new data box that they didn't know the price, or anything, just that they had a display. It is an HTC. I need to see if they have it listed anywhere on the net. Thanks for helping my memory.

If you would like the model Samsung, let me know. Who do you have service with, may I ask?

Hope this helps in some way.
    Take care.
    Cheryl

3. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Mike:

I can help & advise you (don't worry, I'm NOT a salesman), but i need to know what you want from bluetooth. Do you mean swapping files with other bluetooth users, or for "hands free" purposes?

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Mike dont get one I hate BT's, comon stay with the rest of us that just have a cell:big_smile:, you dont need hands free you shouldnt be talking when driving anyway:roll_eyes::smile2:.

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Gary,

I ride the fence on talking while driving because if there are people in the car with you, are you not talking to them?

I don't know?

Cheryl

6. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Bluetooth is handy. It makes it easier when reeling a big fish in if you can use both hands to reel. I have a high-end one and my has a low-end. My wife's is as good as mine and she got hers at Wally World.

7. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I got mine at the Verizon store. It sat on my shelf for one year before i ever tried it. I wouldn't be without it except something happened internally in my Razor and now I have a lot of static. I have a new razor coming tuesday.
    Bluetooths are the safest way to go while driving and talking. Let's face it, we are not going to stop people from using their cell phones in the car... there are wwwaaaayyyy too many excuses to "have" to take/make that call. With Bluetooth you don't have to dial, look at numbers, etc... You just tap your ear and talk. As far as the law goes, it is just like the seatbelt law. There are too many meddlesome do gooders that says this is dangerous, that will kill you, that is bad for you. Everyone wants to go to heaven.... but nobody wants to go today?!?! They'd rather drive their gas guzzlers, destroy the ozone, attack their neighbors... Oooops, wrong forum... :wink:

Anyhow, talking on the phone, even if you dial in the car is only slightly more dangerous than smoking in the car. How many times have you had to swerve because you cigarette didn't light properly the first time? Smoke ever cause your eyes to water? (Try getting ash in your eye while riding a motorcycle), Ever flick a cigarette then scramble because it went between the seat or in the back seat? Yet smoking and driving has been legal since Mr. Olds put the first car on the road.

1,2,3... Jump! Off the soapbox... Shew! What a relief!

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    lol, dont worry, i hardly ever answer a call when driving. i get way too many phone calls a day from my friends and family so it would be a big help if i didnt have to dig for the phone and try to hold it while i am busy doing something. after all, thats when they think its best to call right? i also ride about 15-20 miles every other day on my mountain bike and it would be handy then as well. that is all i would want it for, answering phone calls. the rep at the T-Molbile store was very nice and advised me to go to best buy or circuit city and get one, said they were much cheaper than what they sold them for. he also said to stay away from the smaller samsung blue tooths, said they are notorious for losing signal

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ya I would agree with you there but for whatever reason people on phones just lose any sense they may have.

Thats cool I was joking with you on this, but I really dont like them.

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I just got a new cell phone too . I've always hated having a phone on my person and still do. I average 1 call a day on a cell phone. I'm not big into talking on a phone. I dont care for the alien look with something growing out of my ear either.
    ET phooone home.

What the heck did we do in 1980? We must have been some lost puppies back then.

11. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    Hold it one question what in the world is blue tooth? I still carry my coffee can and kite string:big_smile:

12. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Ted:

It's pretty difficult to explain bluetooth in simple terms but i'll give it a shot. It's basically a WIRELESS communication system between 2 devices. Let's pick a hypothetical situation here....... Say You & I were out fishing one day & I was listening to a song on my phone's MP3 player that you liked but didn't have... you then say to me "Mike, any chance I could have that song on my phone?"... I'll say...."Sure, switch on your bluetooth & I'll send it over to you". It also doesn't COST anything.

I hope this helps.

13. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Hi mike:

Thanks for the rep points.

Ok, bluetooth cell phones....... Me personally?? I use the Sony Ericsson K750i. It's been on the market now for about 3 years & it's halfway down the S/Eric. food chain, but I SWEAR by it. I'm currently on my 3rd one, (lost one & smashed the other one up when i dropped it). They've upgraded the model 3-4 times since but they're asking silly money for them NEW ($350 +), however i just checked e-bay & you can pick up a k750i for about $50-60. You can also get memory cards for them (Up to 4 gigabytes) to store music, pictures, videos etc. I've only got a 2 gigabyte card in my one & i've got 150 songs, 55 videos, over 200 pictures, 126 themes, LOADS of programmes & it isn't even half-full. It's like having a mini-entertainment system in your pocket & if you shop right, you should be able to have all that in your pocket for about $100-120.

Hope this helps.

P.S.

My Avatar picture was taken with my phone camera.

Attached Files:

14. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Cell phones I wouldn't have one. I had one years back when I ran a landscape Co. back when they came in a suit case sized carrier and pluged into the cig lighter. All it done was tie up time Ppl would call for no reason at all just to BS and I got rid of that damn thing and never wanted another one. When I'm gone from home or out in the gardens I don't want Ppl calling me bugging me with BS calls.

When I go fishing who ever goes with me has to leave their cell phone at home or in the truck or they don't go fishing with me. I went once with my cuz and his old lady called over & over unil he said I think I better go home before she get's mad because I've been gone so long. I told him to cut that damn thing off and we would leave when the fish stopped hitting.

15. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    so what cheapies can i get by with just for answering calls? only thing i am concerned with is losing signal and background noise, such as wind. i dont need all that file sharing stuff.

16. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Ok mike:

In that case, bluetooth ain't yer problem.... It's yer NETWORK! Whoever provides you with the signal isn't doing their job.