Best bass lures...

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by sandtoad, Aug 20, 2008.

1. sandtoad

sandtoad New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm by no means the Bill Dance of bass fishing, but I can tell you what has worked very well for me over the years for bass. My bread and butter lures have been a 1/4 oz. white spinnerbait with a single silver colorado blade and a tequila sunrise 8 inch plastic work texas rigged with a 1/4 oz. bullet weight. :big_smile:

2. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    4" purple ghost finesse worm with a 1/8 split shot

3. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Don't know! If I am throwing lures it for Speckled Trout or Red Drum at the Coast. But haven't done that in a long time either. I fish with my boys now 5 & 7 they won't sit there and throw them lures yet. So catfishing is fun and a lot of action and they're mighty tasty too. :wink: That keeps them interested and they always want to go fishing with daddy. Gives Momma a break from the boys too so it's extra brownie points for me..:tounge_out:

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I like the zara spook or a hula popper with a hog tralier but the best action i ever had was with a 8 inch black weedless snake ..This thing would get brutal hit's from any fish:big_smile: still have it but won;t fish it anymore lol cause i can't find a replacement :sad2:

5. madiaz

madiaz New Member

State:
    kalamazoo, michigan U.S.A
    on the lake me too!!! 3/4 to 1 oz pure white terminator titanium spinnerbait, sometimes with some uncle josh pork rind and always a trailer hook. on the river for sure #1 lure is a rapala dt6 in bleeding olive pattern followed by a ghost white x-rap #6. for fatty boom ba's my biggest came off musky lures. big bucher slopmasters. i cannot do worms or grubs. that stuff is so boring. regards, m.a.d.

6. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I catch my biggest fish with a wave tiki stick in watermelon red flake, weightless.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Depends on the water color, water conditions, location and if heavily vegetated. I cover the whole spectrum of lures. The lure that has caught me the most fish and made me the most money is the Mann1-. In the color of fire shad. I also love to use frogs and Pop Rs.

8. bassprofisher

bassprofisher New Member

State:
    missouri
    i have used rattle traps my whole life and spinner or a texas rig

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Big 'Dalton Special' in shad color with silver flake; either as is, or rigged with a white popper behind.

10. Bossofbeefbowl

Bossofbeefbowl New Member

State:
    Hanover Park,IL
    I like to use my rapala minnow in ponds along the coast,usually only brings in 1-2 pounders though.For the most part I've had my best luck with a purple texas rig worm.I mostly fish local ponds though.Rarely ever big lakes and always from the shore.

11. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Yeah, for catching flathead bait. :big_smile:

12. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I love to fish topwater so I'd have to say that a swimming frog and a buzzbait are my favorite. However, I really used to like a Zipper Worm in Witches Tit (I know kinda weird name for a color:eek:oooh:). Caught a bunch of bass on that back home when I was fishing the big lakes but in the coastal rivers it's a frog or buzz. However, if they aren't liking that I'll throw a jerkbait or rarely a spinnerbait.

13. Bossofbeefbowl

Bossofbeefbowl New Member

State:
    Hanover Park,IL
    Witches Tit,I had to read that one twice :smile2:

14. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    That's Mr. Parsons to you sonny. :smile2:

15. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Nichole, do you prefer live bait or artificial? :wink:

16. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm not a bass master by any stretch of the imagination, but I have done my share. The most productive bait for me, in a variety if conditions, is the Bass Stopper in natural brown. Bass can't resist it, and I've caught crappie, walley, channel cats, and perch on them too. Berkley Power Worms come in close second, but the hook-up ratio drops when fish hit the tail, and don't get hooked. Bass Stoppers have a hook in the tail.

17. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I've caught soem really nice Lm bass on nightcrawlers while fishing for baitfish, 3-4 pounders,,, kinda fun, but, when actually bass fishing, a simple Kastmaster 3/8 silver/chrome lure is a lot of fun for me..

18. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hands Down - The Best Bass Lure for me here in the Delta has been - The Senko Worm - (fished Weightless) - I have a kit, so all that I have to do is find the color that they want for that day (or night), and "its on". :0a23:
    :wink:

19. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    oh no you guys got it all wrong lol best lure i have ever used is the rapala x-rap in any color and also the bass assasins fished weightless also in any color used to fish tourny's so i know a bit about bass fishing just got boring they dont get much bigger than 13

20. 92yj

92yj New Member

State:
    ca
    i love the trout magnet it is a awesome soft jig. i also use a bass assassin shad.