Best bass day ever!

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by EricM, May 9, 2007.

1. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    I had my best bass day ever today on Chickamauga. 5-8, 5-4, 5-0, 5-0, and 4-7 were the biggest. These were all post-spawn bass, all largemouth. Now before you get all excited, they were all caught on real, honest-to-goodness live shad, not artificials. I had gotten disgusted with the catfish bite and decided to fill up that $500 bait tank I haul around, and did it with ONE cast of the 8' radius net (it landed in a circle!). I wound up catching a whole flock of various largemouth, maybe 8 spots, one smallmouth, and 3 white bass (the largest was 16"). The 5-8 largemouth, if accepted, will set a new IGFA Tennessee State Line Class record for 4 lb line. All of the fish today were caught on an ultralight and 4 lb test line. What a day!!!

2. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    NICE!

sounds like u had a great time...

i also use 4lb line on my ultra lite..... i cant wait to catch a channel cat on my ultra-lite lol
    that will be AWESOME!

hope ya get accepted

Jeff

3. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    My best on 4# was also using live shad and was a hair over 10lbs. Unfortuneatly, the lake I was fishing is catch and release only from Dec. 30 through March 30. I caught mine and my buddy got one just over 12, the first week of Jan. last year.

We also caught a couple 3-5lb. channels drifting shad also! Now that was fun.

4. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well you are just catching everything. Good fishing to ya MAN

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    that is a good day bassin no matter what line your usin'!

6. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    man it sounds like loads of fun congrats on the catch

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Eric thanks for sharing your bass trip. That is a good day. Glad you had fun.:lol: :big_smile:

8. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I've never caught any as big as that.

9. FAT_CAT

FAT_CAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice weights eric. ever hear of sewee creek? i went yesterday and ended up with nine bass all caught on yum dingers...smallest one was about 1 lb. biggest just under 5. by the way, eric, i'm looking for an older bass boat for my dad....went to soddy daisy looking at one yesterday but engine might need too much work. if you know of anything let me know...only looking to spend around 3-4k if that. thanks man and congrats.

10. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    If I hear of anything for you I'll PM you and let you know. Good Fishing!