Best Bank Setup

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by thud, Oct 20, 2006.

1. thud

thud New Member

State:
    Sacramento, California
    First off, this is my first post so I wanted to start off by saying hello!

I wanted to upgrade from my spinning outfit to a casting rig. I was thinking about going with an Abu Garcia Ambassadeur Classic C3 Casting Reel, 7' Ugly Stik Tiger heavy action, with P-LIne 20 pound test (CXX X-tra Strong Monofilament).

Any suggestions before I start spending my money?

2. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    That's going to be a good set up. The only thing I'd change is the line. I prefer power pro. It's a lil more expensive but it's worth not loosing a fish for me... Good luck and welcome to the board.

3. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    Welcome bryan sounds like your on the right track i also have the ugly stick tiger in MH and love it the only problem you might encounter is if you may find you need a longer rod for distance casting.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    welcome thud or bryan sounds like you got a good idea but you might want more than only one ha ha

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    If the gear is new to you,practice and learn it in the yard,a vacant lot or parking lot if possible.On the river bank with sand,mud,vegetation,wind,current and poor or no light is the wrong place to start scratching.The more that you learn about any new thing,the easier it will be when the unexpected happens.Yes I said when,not if.Be it spin,casting,fly,spincast,pole and line or hand line,enjoying it is what counts.Many people knock anything that they don;t use,and have never tried.I have tried all that I got a chance to.I wish you the best of luck.

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Glad to have ya aboard thud!We're a helpin group of neighborly people so ask away,someone will have an answer!:big_smile::big_smile:

7. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    reels sounds good but i would go no less than a 10ft rod yes you will get more distance but most important less snags be able to keep the fish,hook,bait up higher and by the welcome any questions don't be afraid to ask lots of good folks here

8. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Welcome to the B.O.C.Sounds like you on the right track,like everyone has said if you want to cast further your gonna need a longer rod.When I bank fish I use 10'ft rods.Good luck and don't forget to let us know how you did.

9. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Welcome Bryan , sounds like you should be in good shape with that set up .

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Welcome to the fourm, I think that will make a nice set up. I use a Abu Garica 6000 casting reel with 20 lb stren test line and a 7'' MH rod.