Best bank fishing rod holder.

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by catfish_clayton, Dec 24, 2006.

1. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    The best rod holder I have ever used is a peice of galvanized pipe. I cut it to my desiered length and pound it into the ground with a sledge hammer. Its never faild for me yet.

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I usually use a forked stick or PVC.

3. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    I use a Fox Horizon rod pod. Nice thing about it, is that I can adjust how high I want the rod tips. Plus, it can be used anywhere. On dirt, rocks and even concrete.
    Only thing is, you must use a baitfeeder type of reel or run the risk of losing the rods. Will

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Nice!!

I'm still improving what I use bank fishin. My guess would be about 4 more years before I could call them great though. Things can always be improved I say.

5. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    Ive been wanting to try one of those rod pods because some of the places I fish at the ground is solid rock and a peice of galvanized pipe just dont work. Only thing is Im afraid of is the fish running off with my rod and the rod holder.

6. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    yeah i use pvc for sandy banks but when it gets rocky i need something metallic with a spike that can fit in between the rocks.

7. Fishermancat1

Fishermancat1 Member

State:
    Cobb Co. Georgia
    The sand Spike is great for free spool bank fishing

8. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    tent stake and pvc pipe connected with 2 bolts and butterfly nut. Makes it easy to change pieces should one get broke

9. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I make mine out of rebar and pvc pipe clamped to the rebar with hose clamps. Works fine and can pound them in harder ground when needed.

10. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I use a pece of rebar that I got at Lowes I drive it down with a hammerThen put a pc.of pvc pipe over the rebar you works great on rocky soil:big_smile:

11. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Mine are 3/8" rebar and 1 1/2" Sched 40 PVC...the pipe is held on by 2 tailpipe clamps that are welded to the rebar. Tough, but a little heavy.

12. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    The only thing I have ever used is a piece of rebar and pcv pipe and DUCK-TAPE it to the rebar .Then a good old hammer [good size] will keep you fishing

13. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Mines homemade but they all have served me fine. Its a piece of PVC mounted to a steel spike, and i've mounted them in such a way that I can adjust the angle of my rod tips. Doesn't look professional but it gets the job done.

Wheelmobile07

14. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I use tiki torch holders, they are sturdy and u can get them at wal-mart for about $2 a piece.

15. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
  16. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use the same set up as Jeff Arrington described in his reply.
    5/8" rebar - pvc- metal hose clamps. Works great.

17. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    Here are some bait caster rod holders that are adjustable and will hold a 100 lb cat. cost about $10 to make. I paid $45 for a set of three. these holders will last a life time.

rod holder1 (Small).jpg

rod holder2 (Small).jpg

18. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    thats look great for baitcaster rod holders, thank for sharing!

19. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    In the BOC library is a rod holder made froma 5-gal bucket. I made one from the pics and have found it to work on gravel, blacktop, or dirt. It is easy to make and it serves bank fishing well. Take time and take a look in the liabrary, under rod holders.

20. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Being from Florida and around all sorts of fishing waters I see a lot of these at the flea markets.
    PVC,Stanless.galvinized pipe and other good rod hoders.
    I usually can pick them up for little of nothing and sometimes do.