Best Baits For Small Catfish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Xmas, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Xmas

Xmas New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    I hope somebody can help?

Would would be the best bait to use to catch the most catfish in the shortest amount of time?

My Co-Workers said to use liver? Is this true?

2. jerellman

jerellman New Member

State:
    CA
    Chicken Liver, Stink Bait, and Worms are the best baits for small catfish for me.

3. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Liver is a good bait for eater size catfish, but you will have to mess with turtles and bluegill and other stuff. I think a stinkbait is better for numbers of catfish, when you aren't worried about size, its just kind of a hassle to mess with.

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Liver will work good, also try goldfish if they are legal to use where you live.

5. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Danny King blood bait with about a # 8 up to # 4 will out fish just about anything. I had 28 around 5 to 8" in two hours last summer still have 1 of them in my tank but he is 14 " now

6. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    I have been fishing the river with jugs and minnows have been working real good for us. Two trips and 14 fish from 1.5 to 5.5 lbs. Great eating!

Daryl
    Aftercats

7. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    i'd try small fish. my favorite small channel bait is small shad, they love them things!

fish eat fish!

8. mangus

mangus New Member

State:
    n.c.
    sonnys sticky channel catfish bait works well but you will need to take a piece of sponge wrap it around a treble hook to absorbe the bait. wal-mart also sells a rig for stink bait. liver works well but it is hard to keep on the hook. the colder it is the better. some even use raw shrimp. id say take a little of all three to increase my chances.

9. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    The pro's have spoken! You can't go wrong with worms, liver and stink bait.

10. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    Tim, I still haven't had much success with DK yet... lol i'm gonna keep trying but I've still gotta go with my stand by bait of worms... Caught some of my biggest fish off them... Chicken Livers too... plus if you cast them well and not off you can catch a ton of fish on one lb of them...

11. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Chickern livers, stink bait, and worms work well for small catfish.

12. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    My suggestion is almost just like everyone else. If your targeting the eaters you can not go wrong with dipbait. You can catch other fish with shad and minnows and nightcrawlers, but with dipbait all you'll get almost 99% of the time will be the good eating catfish. I would suggestion buying the looper rig one of the best rigs I have ever used with my dipbait. It holds twice as much bait as it's competitors and last twice as long, even in heavy current. He is a fine sponsor of the BOC so you can't go wrong with it either and the price you can not beat it. I hope this helps ya out.

13. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Sonny's Dip Bait or DK Punch Bait..
    Sonny's you will need a "dip worm" or even better a Looper Rig.
    DK punch bait, you just push a treble hook into it and pull it out.
    **Warning** They are called Stink Bait for a reason :tounge_out:
    If you have a weak stomach, you may not like it hehehehe.. Personally, I have found that stink bait will outfish livers/worms/etc. for smaller catfish. If there is a catfish in the area, it will hit it..

14. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    as for me catfish 1 or 2 lbs WORMS nothing but D worm

15. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    PhotoCat:
    I don't bout you but as for me as far as DK's is concerned I'm with you! I can't get any action out of the stuff either,Do ya think maybe were jinxed?:roll_eyes:

16. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    worms or liver will work good catfish