Best baits for different species of catfish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catfishplaya, Mar 20, 2006.

1. catfishplaya

catfishplaya New Member

State:
    Illinois (southern Illinois)
    hello peeps, iam new here to this site, but i cant seem to get to the pictures without 10 posts, but anyways i do have a question, is there a certain way to fish for flatheads, blues, and channels seperatley or do they all like the same set up ? same baits? or what info would be great

2. bondman

bondman New Member

State:
    Vandalia, IL
    WELCOME to the greatess catfishing site in the world...

3. aaronm283

aaronm283 New Member

State:
    missouri
    wellcome to the boc theres tons of info in the library that will help you

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Yes n No :confused: sometimes their just like a box of chocolates, lol.

5. catfishplaya

catfishplaya New Member

State:
    :what-big: ok let me rephrase this then, lol , what has been your best bait whats your choice of poison?

6. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I fish for channels and bullhead mostly and I have great success with worms, stinkbait, and doughbait. I like a roadrunner jig (redhead) with a worm under a bobber. Up allong rocky shores with a steep dropoff I have done really well. Stinkbait/doughbait is my second choice. I also use livers, crickets, grasshoppers, mulberries, minnows, hotdogs, and dogfood. I guess cats on one fish that will eat nearly anything. Although they really dont like beef liver. I love turkey liver and have always done well. I have never fished for Flathead, but hear they only like live bait. I fish mainly for eater size fish and for fun. If you want to make your own baits then this is a great site. If you dont want to spend much then most anything will catch cats if your lucky. I always try one pole on bottom and one on a bobber. I keep changing depths on each till I find the fish. Good luck and most of all enjoy your time outdoors.

7. catfishplaya

catfishplaya New Member

State:
    thank you for the info, sorry for the lame questions, but i got into catfishing really big last year bored one day and love to fish, so i figured i would try catfishing, well what do you know, i caught it during spawning, and boy it was os much fun, go the fever bad, so now iam basically looking for info from the experts, i bet i caught 10- 15 that day the littlest one was 4 lbs the biggest was a 35lbs flathead, that hooked me into i lifetime of catfishing, dont want to catch anything else i totally love it, thanks for your time :cool:

8. catfishplaya

catfishplaya New Member

State:
    sorry for flooding this thread but, i really want to view the member pics of fish, and i dont yet have 10 posts, plus i have some private messeges i cant respond to unitl then, once again thank you all

9. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    welcome to the boc, newbe myself. I try to use baits that are native to the body of water i'm fishing, but i will try anything any time:shad,herring, skipjack, homemade blood baits, stink baits, bluegill, etc...