Best bait for baiting bluegill trap?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Soonerfan, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Soonerfan

Soonerfan Member

State:
    Guthrie Ok
    Just wondering what bait seems to work the best in a bluegill trap. I just got a trap but not having much luck catching gills.THANKS

2. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Braed catches them the best around here.Put some in a piece of panty hose and just put a piece of bread in there.Want take long and its fool.

3. chad69dart

chad69dart New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Bread works good also Rex cheapo golden nugget dog food works OK.

Hey Tom I just modified my homemade crayfish traps with little bigger opening and cat small bream all the time. I still find it easier to just take a bream buster and some crickets or wigglers and catch what i need for bait.

4 Pm to 6 Pm is bait catching time 6pm till Im worn out is catfish time.:big_smile:

4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Try putting white Styrofoam in them. I guy told me about this and it has been posted on here. I didn't believe it until I tried it yesterday, and I caught 300-400 chubs and about 150 perch. I had 4 traps out and each time I checked them they all would have fish in them. Get the Styrofoam that looks like its made out of little round beads.

5. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    what kinda trap do you use? can we get a pic?
    thanks

6. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Thats what I do,,:cool2:
    Also tear up a marboro box put in-em:eek:oooh:it works ..peanutbutter/cheese crackers works as well.