Best bait at Wagon Train?

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfishjohn54, Apr 16, 2008.

1. catfishjohn54

catfishjohn54 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    What's the best bait this time of year at Wagon train??? When would the best time to start fishing deeper water? I am frustrated, I can't find the catfish. Help!

2. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    right now is the best time to get out and fish wagontrain. cut bluegill and shrimp will be best.

3. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    lately the best time has been when im not fishin and the best bait would be anything i havent used.. idk but if you follow those rules your guaranteed to catch your limit ! :embarassed:

4. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc you will love it:cool2:

5. catfishjohn54

catfishjohn54 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Thanks guys! I feel the need to fish the shallows till the spawning season is over. Any recommendations?

6. bigredcatfish

bigredcatfish New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Yes, fishing the shallows until middle of June or until the water reaches a good 70 degrees. Wagon train is a good lake you can also fish from the bank. Walk all the way in the back. I am catching them in 2 foot of water out there. We haven't caught alot but the ones we have caught have been over 5 pounds. We are using cut bait and shrimp (whole).

7. catfishjohn54

catfishjohn54 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Are you tal;king about even further back then Martell road? can you gain access on foot very easily? I'll be taking the wife.

8. catfishjohn54

catfishjohn54 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Hey, Cory, my cell phone is 402 310 7505. I would appreciate pickin' your brain. I need more specifics and you sound like the one that's got 'em. Give me a call if you want so I can get more particulars about just how and where to get back there, or are you talking about fishing off of the furthest back rock jetties? When you say cut bait that tells me bluegills. Yes? Ogtherwise i'll use shrimp and shad.

john