Best angle rod holders

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by miichael, Sep 23, 2006.

1. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Whats the best angle rod holder for a boat? I cast out when fishing and never hardly drift but i do plan on drifting later. I was looking at the drift master 25 degree. Whats the best for cats?

0 degree
    5 degree
    10 degree
    25 degree
    30 degree
    45 degree

http://www.driftmaster.com/Rodholders.html

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Why not get the Attwoods and then you can have fully adjustable rodholders, both vertically and horizontally. Vern

3. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    that is what i have . i hav'nt had any problems with them work pretty good i think.WM 13 BUCKS

4. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I would but the boat there going on i really dont have room for the big bases. I have a space about 1 1/2 inches wide on the sides and all i can get mounted there is a screw in base. I have a few of the attwoods on my other boat but just cant really mount them on this boat. Its a small 14ft narrow boat.

5. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    I DIDNT WANT TO DRILL HOLES OR SCREW HOLES IN THE SIDE OF MY BOAT SO THIS IS WHAT I DID.JUST RUN A 2 by 4 FROM ONE SIDE TO THE OTHER .YOU'LL HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO ATTACH IT.I JUST DRILLED HOLES IN THE 2 BY 4 AND SLID THEMOVER THE CLEATS AND STRAPPED IT DOWN.THEN JUST SCREW YOUR BASES INTO THE 2 BY 4HERE IS A PICTURE THAT KIND OF SHOWS YOU.I HAVE MORE BUT I WILL HAVE TO RESIZE THEM ,IF YOU WANT TO LOOK AT THEM LET ME KNOW AND I'LL TRY AND GET THEM ON HERE TOO

Attached Files:

6. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    That's exactly like i did on my bigger boat. here's a pic of them. I used that setup to troll for crappie. I make the bases and rod holders just like drift masters but i was wanting to get some ideas on what angle to put on them.

7. BigB

BigB New Member

State:
    Van Buren, Arkansas
    if you dont drift alot 45 degrees works good. keeps rod tip high for a good veiw and works well on circle hooks