best anchor

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by joer, Feb 24, 2009.

1. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    OK guys what do you recommend as a general use anchor for river and lake? I've had several even some homemade and still don't think I've found the right one.

2. lissaannjon

lissaannjon New Member

State:
    Dubuque, IA
    richter hands down. just make sure its big enough to fit your boat size.

3. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
  4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
  5. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Thanks Marty! That's the stlye of anchor I just lost. The cost of it made me cry and it was a windy day so the entire day was at a loss. I will use your idea to make a couple these. Thanks again!

6. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    I made one just like the one Mr.T has except I have a two foot piece of chain on mine..I think I got the idea of the chain from Cuz or someone (Mr.T?) but it does work good. I find it works best when I let it out with at least 25 feet of rope or more..got it stuck one time last year and pulled up stream holding on to the rope and it came loose.

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I got bored this evening and poured some sinkers and a new anchor. Same as most of what's been posted, about 20# of lead and a chunk of rebar for a stem. If you need an anchor like this, the one I had last summer is wrapped around a buoy cable about 2 miles up river from the Cooley Lake ramp. Don't ask, long story:smile2:

Attached Files: