Best Alabama river?

Discussion in 'ALABAMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catman4926, May 1, 2008.

1. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    WHAT DO YOU THINK THE BEST ALABAMA RIVER TO FISH IS:big_smile:

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Thats too easy...Tennessee River hands down

3. cattoon

cattoon Member

State:
    alabama
    got to agree Tennessee,,, caught 140lbs of channels sunday between 4 of us fishing

4. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    as much as i would love to say the alabama river, i have fished the tenn. and it is phenominal.

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I've only fished the Alabama and Coosa. But from everything I've read Tennessee is tops.

6. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    I say the TN!! But Coosa is really good also!!

7. AlaCatter

AlaCatter New Member

State:
    alabama
    Guys I have catfished alot of different places, lots of different states. Of all the places, be it the Santee to the James River and beyond, the absolute best fishing for Blue cats is from Knoxville Tn to Sheffield Al. Lake or River. The only exception, and I mean the only exception is the Mississippi River at times. Remember the floods, snow melts, heavy barge traffic, huge debris, turbulent waters, slack waters, draughts, heavy boat traffic, commerical fishing, gill netting, strong currents, and PIRATES. If you can get around all that, then yea the Big Muddy might be better. I really hate those Pirates.

8. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    The TN is hard to beat in Bama, especially for blues. The Coosa/Bama/Tallapoosa could be in the running for best flathead. The thing about the TN is that it contains so much bait and really not that much pressure (west side). If you can't catch bream anytime anywhere on the TN - try adding some bait on your hook - if you can't catch skipjack on the TN try to cast in the water. I'd put money on a world record blue coming out of the TN a few years back, crazy it didn't or hasn't happened yet.

9. mudflat08

mudflat08 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    the ten. river is the best for me, awsome blues

10. cattoon

cattoon Member

State:
    alabama
    Catfish, Blue (b)111 lbs7/5/1996Wheeler ReservoirWm. P. McKinley / Elkmont
    (a) World Record, Rod And Reel/ (b) Previous World Record, Rod and Reel / (c) Previous World Record, Any Method
    I remember when this one was caught. it just didn't last long before being topped.

11. Capt.JonBoat

Capt.JonBoat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    The Tenn. is certainly the best but lets not forget the tombigbee, an often overlooked prime catfishery

12. fugeman

fugeman New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    I've only fished the Tennessee so I guess that I'd say the Tennessee.

13. fatcat_boo

fatcat_boo New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I caught alot of big blues out of the Tenn River.