Best Advice

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Ahquabi_Master, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Just curious what everyone has to say on a certain subject...What was the single best advice - advice that changed your whole fishing game - that someone gave you. Who was it?

2. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    When I was a little fart my dad told me to try fishing in the water been catching fish ever since. Prob the best advice i ever got on fishing.

3. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Probably when I was young and the guy that got me into fishing (Allen) taught me to be patient and pay attention to what's happening around me.

4. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    To fish where the fish are.

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I would have to say when my Dad first took me out and kept saying keep your (*&(*&$W%(&% Line in the water :lol: . Not really that bad but it would be anything my Dad told me to do was the best advice that I could get.

6. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    From my dad and many other people here:

"If you aren't getting hung up, you aren't where the fish are"

7. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    A good friend told me that "95% of fish in the river are caught by 5% of the fishermen, in 5% of the water".After a lot of trial and error, I believe he's right.

8. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Fish for pleasure.You can work hard and make a job of it or you can relax and enjoy it.You are never skunked and you learn to enjoy the sun,heat,cold,wind,rain,sleet,snow and even breaking the ice to launch and retrieve your boat or to keep from sinking.If you are in a hurricane or the roads are closed.Light a lantern and work on your tackle.You miss so much of life if you fish to catch fish or just go on the nice days.As I near the end,I am so happy that my father taught me to fish this way.These are normal days for us that work outside.Why waste one?Go fishing.Ps,if you cain;t fish,this applies to hunting,or just getting out in the woods or on the water.peewee-williams

9. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    dont be distracted....stay focused on ur line

10. mdudes17

mdudes17 New Member

State:
    Chicago, Illinois
    if don't catch a fish within a half hour to an hour, move to a different spot. don't wait for the fish to come to you, go hunting for them

11. mdudes17

mdudes17 New Member

State:
    Chicago, Illinois
    "you have to lose tackle to catch fish" and "a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work"