Best 79 cents you,ll ever spend.

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT, Apr 13, 2009.

1. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Just a little information here IN MY OPION ONLY. I got equipment & tackle stacked up to my head here. I see a lot of younger guys looking for info on the BEST -hole, bait, rigging, etc. They,rs nothing wrong with that I,ll help anyone any chance I get. Out of all my gear, one of my most prized possessions is a 79 cent notebook from wal-mart. I,ve been keeping a fishing log for about 12 years now. The 1st thing I do when I get home from fishing is write down everything pertinent about that day. I log in the date, where I was fishing, water temperature, water conditions-high,low,stained,clear,sunny,cloudy.I log in what kind of bait I used and the size,numbers,and kinds of fish I caught.I also log in how others around me did.A few years worth of this & you,ll have your own guide that suits your personal style exactly & you,ll know its all fact because YOU wrote it.You can get a decent thermometer for under 10$.Everything you think you,ll remember aint necessarily so after 20 or30 years. I only wish I,d started keeping one sooner! I hope this helps you as much as it has helped me.:eek:oooh::crazy:

2. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    or you can keep your account of the computer... not as easy, perhaps, But being analayze for patterns in ... priceless

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Graet Post Pat,and some Good Info. Thank's J.D.:wink:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great advise Pat. Thanks for sharing. Reps.

5. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    hey pat, i just saw that on a fishing show the other day it was rick clunn a bass guy for those of you that don't know. and said the same thing he has a whole room filled with notebooks of different lakes all around the country. i just got a nice litle notebook from the old lady's work she brought home, was going to use it just for that will fit nice in my pack....justin:cool2:

6. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Words of wisdom spoken right there, Pat. good Post!

7. Cattitude

Cattitude New Member

State:
    Waynesboro Pa.
    Good info. I hear lots of guys talk about doing something like that, but I don't see them do it or I see them start a stop after a few times. You've been at it awhile. Great post.:big_smile: