Bert...."Lets go Fishing"

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by gilmafam, Dec 30, 2007.

1. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Just thought of this thread as I was going out the door to go fishing in the ocean.....Yea........

Bert... When can you/ do/ have/ can take off time? I'm going to pick you up in Tracey??? train station??? and you and me, as well as Plumbertom1 will go to Brannen Island State park to fish inner and out Sacramento River??

Im off til the 7th......:0a36::0a22::0a10:

Bayrunner Ray

2. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Ray, I'd love to go but I've promised to watch my grand kids this coming week while my daughter goes to an investment seminar with her husband in Palm Springs. It's one of the biggest oppertunities of his year.
    They will be leaving on the second and will be gone through the weekend. :sad2:

3. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Wish I could go I'll probably have time this week work schedule is slow, BUT I cain't take that water in the ocean hardly satnd on shore without getting dizzy:eek:oooh:

Good luck guys

4. gilmafam

State:
    California
    There goes half of the gas money.... So what now..... Gary, you want to go to the delta?....

bayrunner ray

5. gilmafam

State:
    California

wouldn't you know it ..... while trolling out of the marina, I was pulling a spoon bill rapala, and as the Millions of cormarants were flying off the outer break water, one's wings caught my line and then the rap got the bird..... that was the excitement for the day..... Man those birds can flat "butt' swim...... got to pull em to the surface, and then bouce em in the boat..... did that, and was ready to do the "ole triade" method of releasing the bird..... you grab the beak and two legs and hang on..... then the wings are the only thing that is happenting......cut off the lure and let er go.....I was jinks for the whole day..... only on mackeral to show for many drifts....

bayrunner ray

6. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Sorry Ray, I'd beg off but they asked me to do this more than a month ago.

7. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    sorry too. already told you i was spending with grandkids. this time of year, kiddies gotta come first..
    besides, you told me when i do get to fish delta, i have to sleep outside and not inside motorhome. :sad2: :wink:
    gary

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Ray,

I just seen this thread just before I was about to call it a night & go to bed to get ready for my day at "The Slat Mines" tomorrow.
    :tire:

"I'm Ready" :ah::go::0a22:

Just let me know when you guys are coming up this way, & we can do some fishing Buddy. But if you are coming up this way - I may not have to catch a train up to Sac., all I have to do is wait until I see you passin by, just slow down a little when you pass San Learndo & I will just jump in the boat as you go by. (LoL)
    :wink:

Bert (Shania)

9. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Bert (Shania)...... so sorry that my buddies... ToFish, and Plumbertom1 are tied up... babby sitting the youngins....... anyway the wind/rain has got me spooked.... it can really blow on the sac and san J......... I will beg off a rain check to see if we can get some Martin Luther time and some presz days in January.... Tom should be able to go, and I'd like to bring Gary (tofish) up so that he can look at the delta before he heads to the "happy fishing grounds)

So, my good buddy, I like that pic of you in that "little boat", I'll see you next year.... soon....

Tom says he has a slight window to get away from town tomorrow, and so we may go to Diamond Valley... They have monster Blues there...and stripers too.....

Anway.... we'll get up that way and you've got the upper bunk saved for you.....

Bee cool tonight.....Bayrunner Ray

10. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    ROFL i knew if i sniveled enough. LOL
    gotta make that delta at least once ray.
    windier than heck down here right now. otherwise i'd be out chasing crappie.
    gary

11. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Ray,

"No Problem Buddy" - :wink:

I think that we are going to get some rain (and plenty of it to :crazy:) up this way this coming weekend + we are starting to get alot of wind up this way as well.
    (I hate fishing in the wind):angry:

So It may be a good thing to hold-off on the fishing hook-up, this way I can fish with Tom again & meet Gary as well.

Oh Yea - Thanks for the commit on the photo Buddy. :big_smile:

You know that I took that picture at the "Deltalover Gathering" - it's the only proof of one of the many times that me and my boy linz (fshnutz) was sneaking out in that boat to do some Ba$$in' - so keep it to yourself and don't tell anyone. (LoL)
    :0a19:
    :wink:

Happy New Year Buddy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

12. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    Ray, watch the weather close. people i know are passing on diamond lake cause of predicted wind. (they shut it down) and bert, it'd be great to meet with you. EVEN IF YOU BASS FISH TOO!!! :0a33: i couldn't resist that jab. :smile2:
    gary