Berry Bend on Truman?????Report Please!!!!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by JRSparksIII, Aug 28, 2009.

1. JRSparksIII

JRSparksIII New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey yall would ya please fill me in on Berry Bend? Is it a good spot to go? Is it very fishy?LMAO....Looking for those giants that lurke beneath

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    yes its productive for catfish !!!!

whats your plan of attack jugs ,, lines or rod and reel ????

you going to drift or anchor fish ???

are you after blues or flatheads // both ???

tell me what kind of fishin your going to do and what your looking for and i will help ya all i can .

3. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    J. R. You will not find anyone on Truman that know more about catfishing than Scotty. He and his dad are two GREAT guys and really know their stuff.:wink:

4. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: thanks earl for the kind words !!!

good to see ya again bro :wink:

5. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    Yep they have taught me a thing or two, or three, or ten!!(Thanks Scotty and Don) When you can learn tips from people with tons of experience LISTEN!!! It will save you tons of time, and you find it is way better than learning the hard way! I am trying to get scotty to make a DVD, Called FIVE WAYS TO BECOME A SUCCESSFULL FISHERMAN LIKE CATFISH SCOTTY! He is kinda shy when it comes to the camcorder though!:smile2:

6. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: thanks morris !!!!

dont worry as soon as I figure out wich video camera i want to buy we will do some filming :wink::wink:

bubba goes kattin !!! spiteen :smile2:

7. JRSparksIII

JRSparksIII New Member

State:
    Missouri

scotty,

from the hear of things you are the king of truman catting.....good to know i am in good hands.....a buddy and i are hitting the water tomorrow night probably bout 1100pm or so.....gotta work...he has a 14ft flat bottom with a 40hp mercury....we were not sure wether to hit the dam or hit berry bend we spent all weekend in the boat last weekend around windsor crossing fishing the rocks and we caught two fish....correction my buddy caught two fish and i caught none...biggest one was about 7lbs....we were anchor fishing it using cut shad or live perch......got a bunch of hits but i got no fish....so we are a bit confused as to what to use and where to go we are both military and he is a really good catfisherman from texas...he just moved here and we are trying to do some damage.....the biggest he caught was a 64lber.....i am new to this but i do enjoy....so should we anchor or drift....we will be using rod and reel....what is better the dam or berry bend?

8. JRSparksIII

JRSparksIII New Member

State:
    Missouri
    also we are fishing for big blues or whatever else takes the line.....we dont care right now

9. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Good to be back Scotty, now I can get after Morris again. I sure have missed that. :wink:

10. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    You better start taking you blood pressure medication and stop misplaceing it everywhere!! Cuz its on like Donkey kong you old Geezer!!:angry::smile2::wink: You would lose your rod holders if they were not attached.LMAO, did you ever find that one by the way.

11. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    well johny to be totatly honest fishing is slow right now !!!!! around the lake from the reports my friends and dad are giving me .:sad2:

2 people have told me they think truman around warsaw area that the lake is turning over if thats the case fishing will very slow until it settles back .

only good report ive had is around horse shoe bend on the osage arm of truman around talley bend to osceaola .

below truman dam in the warsaw area has been very slow this week also usually is this time of year ..

I would either hit the grand river arm of truman around clinton area or talley bend .

or find one of the smaller lakes closer to home to fish this weekend .

sorry for the bad news im just being as honest as i can from the reports ive gotten .

but a few weeks from now after the lake turns over OR is done turning over the fishing will greatly inprove :wink::big_smile::big_smile:

but ya know how fishing is ya never know when that next big bite may happen !!!!!

and windsor crossing is a awsome area for a big flathead :wink:

12. JRSparksIII

JRSparksIII New Member

State:
    Missouri
    scotty thanks for the report.....it is greatly appreciated....i cant wait to land my big one and with this info....i am on my way...thanks again

13. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    thanks also johny !!!

and remember many folks not having much success right now for big fish so dont get frustrated about it ...

just enjoy your time on the water and search for prime areas that you can target when fishing is good again ..

this may be the best time to try things ya would usualy never try , like fishing way up in a feeder creek ,,, suspending baits either spider riging or a float ,, to fishin shallow water flats like 3 foot deep ,,, and so on ..

14. JRSparksIII

JRSparksIII New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey where are boat ramps on the south grand we live in windsor so i guess the clossest one and how to get to it...thanks

15. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    i sent ya a private message for directions johny

good luck bro catch us a brute :big_smile::wink:

16. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Easiest boat ramp to get to on the Grand River arm from Windsor is about 2 miles south of Tightwad. Right where county rd PP dumps into Hwy 7 at Tightwad, just keep going south across hwy 7 onto the dirt road (Google maps calls it "1151st Rd") and follow it straight ahead until your tires get wet.

That'll put you at about the G14 mile marker or so. Lots of good places to fish around there. Watch the trees as you're going in and out of that cove - there's a bunch of them and they'll sneak up on you and eat your prop...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...54647&sspn=0.002687,0.005236&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=14

If you want a more "improved" boat ramp, head to Bucksaw Point, turn south on UU from Hwy 7 about 3 miles west of Tightwad.