Bermuda Triangle

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mac-b, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Sometime last night while I was away at a catfish meeting, a great friend passed away. I call it a friend, but it was really a thread, comprised of a great group of contributors. Part of this thread was an advice section, parts were dailey actives of the contributors, then we had a made up war, occassionally some would share their fishing activities, and all in all it was great fun. Friendships were made and some were lost, there were new subjects and old subjects revisited, but the thread reflected the contributors feelings, knowledge, humor, insights, etc.

This morning I found a CLOSED sign hanging at the end of a post made by JJ. It appears that our ship sailed right into the Bermuda Triangle, never to be heard from again and nobody knows why it is missing. How can that be! :confused2::sad2:

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Good Analogy Mac. But I don't know nothin' 'bout no Bermuda Onions. I found a similar situation this this morning also. I couldn't find my little dog. A cute doggie. Always there to be petted and played with. Could talk to that little dog and he would seem to understand, helped pass the day just having him there.

He's gone. Somebody shot him, euthanized him, gave him razor blades to eat, kerosened him, made a road kill out of him. Squashed him like a bug on the windshield. Somebody stuck him with a pin like a Voodoo Witch Doctor.

Ah well, will have to go to the pound and see if there is anything like him elsewhere to be found. Hope this one don't fish.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yessir,Men I also have lost something dear to me,Dont really know why?Such a shame to have a true friend leave ,never to be heard from again. I think an explanation would be nice.

4. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I know I haven't participated in the thread you speak of in a bit mainly because I didn't wanna say things I would regret later, but I went there to talk this morning, just talk, I NEED to talk, and was very taken back that I could not open that door. I have to wonder why that has happened. You see I don't talk about what's inside my head mostly. I don't say the things that bother me aloud, but when it gets too great to hold within, I have found that thread to be of great solace many many times.

I have to ask???

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED!!!!! :confused2::confused2::embarassed::0a35:

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm bettin it went south due to the urinateing contest about how to fish.:angry:

6. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    But I don't even TALK about fishing in there...nor do many others...Some of us used that thread to talk everything but fishing. It was like a haven from a storm for me personally and I am like reload, if there is good reason to shut it down, just letting us know in a notice at the end would have been nice.

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yeah the door is shut and theres a smelly loaf in my cearel bowl this A.M...
    I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER ! The crew on there have touched my life in ways that if I have to get into you all will think I am as soft as drug store cotton . I bet we dont even get a explanation with the kick in the cahoontas!
    :sad2:See you all round I am giong hungry today someone ate my dang fish and crapped in my bowell!

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I haven't a clue what y'all are talking about, but it sure sounds interesting.
    Bill in SC

9. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    You gals and guys can not see it, but I have my black arm band on, will wear it for the rest of the day. Long live the ---------thread!

Mr. John Calhoun (OPJ) thanks for a good ride. Your thread made history for longevity, now it is gone, but never ever will it be forgotten. It was a honor to cruise with you along the highway to here and there. To the those that were current contributors, it was an honor to be associated with you. To those that contributed in the distant past and carried the flag for so long, thanks.

I hear someone playing taps over the hill, so I guess it is time to move on.

10. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I saw the Boss having a look around about 3:00 this morning, but all was well when I went to sleep,.
    like Mr,50 said the only thing out of the normal was a post or three about fishing/CPR.:crazy::confused2:

11. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i didnt post there much either but i enjoyed reading the dayly post there.it will be missed rip

12. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    It's back open again

13. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    It's just like an ole man... just when you think it's wore slap out; BAM!

and thank ya Mam too!

14. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia

it's been said them blue pills are for men with a strong heart and a good back.
    I haven't got either one so no blue pills for me. LOL:smile2:

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey blue green red ....long as they do the job and get us there "WOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:tounge_out::crazy::roll_eyes::wink::eek:oooh::roll_eyes: