Berks Roll Call

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Bassmaster23, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Bassmaster23

Bassmaster23 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Who is getting ready for the 2010 season if not already started?
    What are you doing to make your season better then last?

2. Bassmaster23

Bassmaster23 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I have prepared for the season by scouting alot and marking my new test spots on the garmin.. Also made a few new rod holders and im going to try to get out alot earlier then in the past.. Of course i have my tackle box on the living room floor restocking and tinkering with everything everday.. Sooo eager to get out..

3. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i'm all stocked up and my gear is ready, i just gotta put a couple things on the boat that are just sittin here once it gets a little warmer out. the only thing i plan on doin different this year is.....gettin out more, and hittin more local waters during the week, also might give drift fishing a shot.

4. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

Same thing with me bro! I got 6 fat cat bobbers and excited on trying drift fishing with bobbers on the river for channels. The hardest spot for me is to find a section that is deep and is the same depth for a good stretch. Because I see some problems coming when drift fishing. One going past the hole and all your lines hit bottom. Two, you hook up with a nice fish and your boat is still drifting down the river and then your lines get stuck again lol. I'm going to try drift fishing at the delaware river. I know this one spot that the hole is huge and I wont have any problems. Good luck and tell me how you make out!:cool:

5. mmagreg

mmagreg New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    I can't say i have done much in preparation, aside from learning from and interacting with others. My friends and i started forming a fishing club (non-species related, just general love for fishing) last year and now this will be the first full year to get things really going. That is my main fishing priority for this year! This will also be the first time i fish for flatheads and i hope to have a great time doing that as well!

6. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Try out the new spots Todd and I scouted out.Definitely try live and cut trout for bait get out more.More time =more chances to catch a biggin.

7. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

Your best bet is to find a near by hatchery and just buy the trout. Make sure you got your receipt on you or your gonna get a fine! Also dont have more then 5 trout on you for cut bait because you can also get a fine if they arent cut up and are whole. Also Jan. 1 through Feb. 28 and Sept. 7 through Dec. 31 is the extended season and you are able to keep 3 trout. So if you have over 5 during the regular season or 3 during the extended season you can get fined for poaching:excruciating:

8. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i just respooled and reversed the braid on some of my reels, now its just wait for milder weather:weep:

Attached Files:

9. Bassmaster23

Bassmaster23 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Nice man haha i cant wait to head out tonight to try and hook onto something.. Hope the rain stays away and the low stays above 35 haha.

10. Bassmaster23

Bassmaster23 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Good luck this year on your first flathead season.. You will be hooked and loving it once you catch your first 15+ lber haha.

11. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

Nice white rods. My favorite. Also I love them salt strike baitrunners. I got 3 of them and i'm going to buy one more before PRIME TIME.:sinister:

12. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    4 of them are king kat rods and the other 2 white ones are american spirit "nite sticks"

13. sixstringer

sixstringer New Member

State:
    Reading PA
    Hey guys, Dan here from Berks.Nice to meet some catfisherman from my area.I used to belong to the .......... site.Seems like it dissapeared.I joined on here today.Can't wait to get out this year.First thing I got to do is get one of the eyes repaired on one of my rods.Other than that I've been stocking up on hooks and lead. Hope everybody has a great season.

14. Guppycatcher101

Guppycatcher101 New Member

State:
    PA
    Well this il be my first year for flatties but... Other than that i put new line on my reels and got everythang situated. Im pumped.

15. Romo

Romo Active Member

State:
    PA
    I'm pretty sure February 15 is the cabin fever solstice. It only gets better/warmer from here boys!

16. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    Is Lancaster County close enough to get down on the roll call?

17. FTL6

FTL6 New Member

State:
    Reading,Pa.
    Nice set of rods,Lenny. Is that a slot car track in the pic. I used to have a blast running them up to 1/24 scale.Used to run at Family Gran Prix years ago.

18. Guppycatcher101

Guppycatcher101 New Member

State:
    PA
    Oh yea Boyzzz!!! Im pumped. Cant Wait!!

19. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I just reversed my braid today and got a shipment of 50 3oz no rolls that should hold me for a while

20. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    I've been messing with my tackle and just about have everything I want for the season. I want to search for and try new locations and/or waters to fish and make a good attempt at catching more catfish of quality size. I'd like to make 2001 the year I caught my first flathead. I really want to get away from going to the same few places just because I have for years.
    I'm awaiting a Catfish Connection order and need a Bass Pro road trip then I should be set.
    First and foremost for the year is getting through one more surgery and healing up as soon as possible so I can salvage what I can of this years season. I'll miss trout but hope to be ready by June (if things go well).
    If this happens, I'd also like to get the chance to meet up with some members and get some friendships going other than through a keyboard. I have to admit that most of you are intimidating with the catches I see posted. I'm either doing stuff wrong or just haven't yet found the right places to be fishing.