Berkly Powerbait

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by TX Fisherman, Apr 6, 2007.

1. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    i always used the berkly powerbait scented worms, worked awesome for me in small neighborhood ponds, anyone else have any baits that just seem to outfish everything else for a neighborhood pond

2. lilrivercatman

lilrivercatman New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well back when I was more into bass fishing I remeber a floating Rebel popper always did good.

3. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Topwater in the mornings and evenings, white rattlesnake worms in the day. Caught tons of bass.

4. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Early early in the season like it is now, I used to always use a 10" worm right around their beds. Big bass just couldn't seem to resist. If I just wanted to catch a bunch of fish, I'd throw a black and chartreuse lizard with a very small bullet weight pegged to the hook. I'd slay the bass on those silly lizards.

Still my all-time favorite way to catch bass is on a topwater. Buzzbaits around the bank, or if the shoreline is clean, I'd run a zztop (spook-type lure) right down the bank. Boom!

5. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Bass make good catfish bait where laws permit. I would use bass over Berkley powerbait.

6. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    have u ever used striper for channels

7. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Topwater baits are the funnest because they give you that adrenalin rush when they wack the topwater lure.:tounge_out:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kevin try a Manns Minus-1 in the color of firetiger on the bass. Crank it fast then stop. Let it set a few seconds and repeat. Can be cranked slow just under the surface. The warmer the water gets the faster you can work the bait. Try it you will like it.:lol: :big_smile:

9. flathead20000

flathead20000 New Member

State:
    Indiana, Delphi
    Try a Yamamoto senko in green pumpkin or black. Rig it texas style with no weight and a 4/0 worm hook. Work it slow and just twitch it and let it sink slowly. Keep an eye on your line for any twitch at all then set the hook hard. These bait slightly wobble when falling and bass can't resist. Just remember to work slow. Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!

10. tritech

tritech New Member

State:
    NC
    pink or orange floaters texas rigged always seem to produce for me

11. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Ponds are my favorite place to fish for bass. But I've figured out that what works in one place might not work as well in another. If the pond has been fished quite a bit, then the next time you are there pay attention to what everyone else is using and use something else. It would seem that the bass learn pretty quickly what a lure looks like, etc.

Depending on the time of year, I will usually start out with a white spinner bait called a bushwacker. It is small but will catch fish of all sizes. I start off fishing it just fast enough that I can see it. If that doesn't work then I will try slow rolling it on the bottom, too. The fish I'm holding in my avatar is a white spinnerbait bass from a pond in Missouri. He got slowrolled. If that quits working then I go to a power worm. They just seem to catch more fish then unscented soft plastic. Maybe it is because once they pick it up they don't put it down. I like to fish them without a sinker. I use a 2/0 hook so that it will cast farther and sink a bit faster. But without the sinker it really slows the lure down and lets it stay in the strike zone longer. Plus, it is easier to get unstuck when I cast it some place dumb. Watch your line because the bite can be subtle with these. Sometimes we will fish a worm on our ultralights. You can really cast it a ways and feel the bite better. If there isn't anything for you to get tangled up in then you will probably get it in. You really have to set the hook good with that little whippy rod. After the power worm I'll go with a Rapala floating minnow. I've been out on days when they just couldn't leave it alone. Bring pliers or you will spend the day trying to get the fish off of the treble hooks. Good luck!:smile2: