berkly glowsticks 10 footer action

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by slikk03, Jul 2, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well i love the action on my 10 medium heavy glowstick, but its not the best in the world, what rod would you compair this to , i like the slower tip on it, for lifting power, but the line gudes suck, what uglystisk would you compair it to, defintly not the tiger uggly the tips on them are fast,i dont like that for flatheads that you got to rase up, also line gudes are a issue, i want a rod with good guids, any advice, next month om fixing to get a new rod, at least ten footer thanks bros

2. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    american spirit nite sticks has some good rods i have a 7' and it has loaded some big monster but also i do fish with ugly sticks too

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    , i like a slower tip, not heavy but, thicker,like the berkly glowsticks, but, i like them uglysticks, would you recomend a ugly bigwater 10 heavy actoin, or the tiger, i never foght a cat on any uglystick besides a walmart one lol

4. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I got 2 catfish ugly sticks 7 and 8 foot goot cat pole in my point of view.

5. kottacat

kottacat New Member

State:
    New Albany indiana
    I had one of those 10' glowstiks and i took it back to BassPro. Its too freakin heavy and the the rod doesnt even light the tip up which is what i want to see at night. Ive got a 10' Wild Cat Products King Kat Supreme rod that i take to every hole i hit. I ve pulled in some monsters with it and its light and has good guides and and is absolutely solid. Plus it has a cool camo pattern wrapped around it.

6. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I have a 10' ugly stick big water spinning with a 4500 shimano on it, I like it alot. It is a good rod for the money with good quality eyes on them. I'm not sure if your talking about spinning or casting rods.

7. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    i have a ton of poles and as bad as i hate to say it .... theres a combo setup called Fish Bones made by pinnacle its got a cheap real but i love the pole its a 10ft yellow& black pole with matching reel and i can throw this pole farther then my 15ft 12ft i have rigs that cost 155 bucks for 1 pole and this 26.00 dollar combo will out cast everything i own and holds blues in the30's 40's 50's weekly....

i only use 30lb sufix siege its the best mono line ive ever had... i have it on every thing i own.I did only use Big Game line for awhile but this combo with this line is CRAZY with a 40z bank sinker.

8. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I just got 2 8' Glowsticks the other day. They work pretty good I though. My first cast I got a #31 Flat and had no problems getting it in.

9. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    I just got a 8' glowstick casting rod. I was not to happy to see the tip did not light up but still like it. It shines enought to see things and I just put a bell on it. Now I need to get a fish on it and break it in. :wink: