Berkly cherry wood

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by bluesbrother, Sep 9, 2006.

1. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    thinkin of one for bass rod but feels and looks mighty thin any one use them thanks

2. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    For the price, they are ok rods. Put in a few more dollars and get a Berkley Lightning, a better rod, or get any of a bunch of decent rods.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

For the money I think the All-Star rods are the best rods made. I have zero experience with the cherrywood rods. I went through quit a few rods before settling on the All-Stars though. I have a couple of 6 footers for cranking and worming a 7 fotter for flipping and jigging and love them all.

4. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    thanks brothers your right i have a 7 ft all star popping rod its ben a good one.im trying to get bye on a low fishing budget.lol who aint i wish our walmart had the lightning rods i had one and it was a pretty decent rod.well thanks and good luck on your next fishiong trip. we went before day break and earlyer today not a bit i think we need the rain to come.well thanks yall

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

It was a few years back but i only paid 39.00 for the 7 footer I have. It was "last years" model and was 50-65% off. Specials like that are never, hardly if ever, advertised. Good luck

6. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    American Rodsmith and Castaway are also good rods and have some in the same price range as All Star. If you can save up the money, though, go for a Falcon, great rods.

7. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    I Have A Cherrywood. It Is Ok But I Would Take The Advise Of The Other Posts.

8. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    i have 2 berkley lighning rod i use for carp and bass and i love em.

9. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Thought I had posted this, but apparently forget to send it.

Academy, which is a Texas based store, usually has a sale on rods toward the end of the year. Last year, it was American Rodsmith rods, on par with All Star. I got two for $50, the special deal. Though, they'll sell one for $25 when they have the sale. Sometimes, the deal is for Rodsmith, other times All Star or Castaway, all good rods of about the same quality. Buy one at Academy, break it, return it to Academy, and they'll exchange it for another like it or even another brand in the same price range. If you want a higher priced rod, you just pay the difference. Its no hassle, no questions asked, just return it and make the exchange. Don't even need a receipt if you aren't asking for your money back. Usually, you don't sign anything, just leave the rod at customer service and get the replacement. Returned two this year with no problems. I keep hoping a medium light rod I have will break so I can return it and get a medium heavy. LOL.

10. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    thank yall guess ill be going to acadamy soon im like happy cause its a new acadamy in the next town.thanksbros