Berkly big game

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by flathunter, Sep 15, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    After trying several lines this year just for kicks, I have decided to go back to the line that has never failed me since I started using it years ago.

Good ole berkly big game, I bought 2 1-lb spools of it today in 25-lb test for flatheads...I have never had bg break on me while catching many flathead over 40-lbs, and a few over 50-lbs.

Berkly big game is cheap enough for any budget, and certainly gets the job done well.

2. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    BBG is the line I'm using, and although I've yet to really put it to the test I have pulled some nice sized tree branches down:smile2: After doing some night fishing with some BOC'ers who had high vis. BBG, I'm gonna have to get me some too. Show's up like a fire with a black light.

3. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    I have used BBG for years and love it. Had 3 fish break 40# test which was my fault for doing dumb things. Have since learned a bit and went to 50# test and I can't break it so guess I'm good to go. The high vis sounds interesting too. Tight lines and good fishin.

:cool2:

4. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    That line really lights up with a blacklight :cool2: I got hung up striper fishing below a dam on the Ohio River with 40# BG and couldn't get it to break off. It kept pulling the boat towards the gates! Had to finally wrap it around the reel and use the motor to back up and break it.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I love using the 20lb Berkley Big Cat Line, I think its a little better than the Big Game Line.

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I have been using BBG for over25 years. Dont see any reason to change. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

7. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Welcome back. Berkley Big Game is a fine line. Actually I am surprised that you switched away from it. Good luck and tight lines!

Ray

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with Bob on this. Jack I have used BBG for many years and have tried other brands, some I liked. But I don't go without BBG.

9. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I totally agree! ive tried all kinds of stuff but berkley big game NEVER seems to let me down! Cheap, tough, amazing....i have it on all four of my flathead setups...im a wuss so i run bigger than 25lb test tho...lol

10. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    It's all I use now. 20# BBG. Very little memory, takes knots well, and casts great! I like it in green.

bbg_20.jpg

11. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I use 25lb BBG with a 50lb BBG leader. Also, Berkley Big Cat is the exact same as BBG only different packaging.

12. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I love the #20 BBG its all that is on my reels. I use #40 BBG as a shock leader in the blue. Its not that great to see at night

13. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    some of the best line for the money

14. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Just respool it after a long winter cuz it will get tangly when casted and birdnest a lot. :wink: Least it does on me. I switched to Stren 20 lb.

15. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    I think BBG 50# is the best line I have fished with. All I use.

16. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    All my leaders have bbg 40# and I use it on everything!:tounge_out: