Berkley - What's the Difference

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Spider, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Just wondering if anyone knows what the difference is between Berkley Big Game, Big Cat, and Hi-Test? I've been using the Berkley Hi-Test in Electric Green on my mid sized reels in 20# & 30# and like it. I couldn't tell what the difference was when I compared the lines and the Hi-test was available in the green so that's what i bought.
    I'm just curious if the are pretty much the same or if there are big differences.

2. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    if you still have both boxes, read the descriptions. I think it means ones more flexible and one is more durrable.

3. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio

Pretty sure he's right. And honestly, I'd go for the durability. :wink:

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    nothing no difference just different label and box.

5. Fl.catman

Fl.catman New Member

State:
    Fl
    BINGO!!

Spider I will only put Trilene on my reels. Trilene comes in lots of different types such as XL = Smooth casting. I have used other types of Trilene and can tell you they are different. Trilene is now owned by Berkley but Berkley and Trilene are two different lines. Knowing how lines are classed by Trilene/Berkley you better bet each Berkley line class is different from the other Berkley line classes. Hope that helps.

6. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    THE STONGEST,TOUGHEST,BAD TO THE BONE LINE THAT YOU LIKE!!!(WHICH U ARE ):cool2:

LeRoy:smile2:

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The HighTest is marketed for saltwater.....:wink: