Berkley trout powerbait

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by brinley45cal, Apr 13, 2006.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Guys this berkley powerbait it comes in a little jar and its the corn flavor.It will flat out catch the trout.We caught like 12 a piece with that stuff in just a few hours.Now ive tried the power bait for cats and didnt even get a bite but this worked really well.

2. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    hey try the power eggs for trout. i use a small egg hook and hide my hook in the egg. they work great and will stay on the hook even better than the power bait. just a suggestion.you can also tip the power egg with a wax worm . bites come very fast.

3. flannelman

flannelman New Member

try out the powerbait turbo blast nuggets in pink salmon egg. they work real good for brookies in my area. first cast with it caught a 15 inch brookie which is good for that area

4. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I agree I have had much luck with powerbait in the small jar. My favorite flavors is lemontwist and lime twist. I had luck with the corn one too. Thats what I catch most of my trout on when I am bait fishing.

5. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Corn power bait is really good for trout. But, when all else fails try this: Pautzke's Geen Label Fire Balls and then add some berkley trout scent liquid on it. The trout go crazy over this stuff. I have used it the last couple of years and have nailed trout on this.

6. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    tonight i went out and nailed about 20 on bread, 10 power bait honey worms, 8 on a spinner, and like 3 on power bait. bread works alot better then powerbait in my opinion. not just today but almost always bread out fishs. i also had alot of luck on a generic power bait it was yellow with sparkles from mikes baits. it had a shiny lid but that nailed alot of trout to. i think it bepends where you fish because another stream i fish its almost all minnows and worms with almost not artficals and deffinitly not powerbait or bread.

7. frisco66

frisco66 New Member

State:
    NE
    I've never seen the corn-flavor powerbait.Bread?How's that work,use as doughball?

8. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I never heard of teh bread concept either. I have however caught some on velvetta cheese before years ago. Just put a small ball on a size 16 or 18 treble and it worked well.

9. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    take a small piece and smash it into a small Flatt circle. about the size of a nickel. then just cast out and it will flutter down near the bottom. a small weight will work better in larger streams. works well letting it sit in large pools or drifting it though likely areas. caught a 9 pound brown out of a local stream on the bread. a second by catch of creek chubs i keep and freeze for cat fishing.

two years ago i fished a large pool in a very small creek with 6 guys all around it. i used bread from the start and caught 7 fish before moving on, while the other 6 guys caught not a single fish! one of my best experiences trout fishing making grown guys look dumb.

one more trick you might use is add alittle vanilla extract to the bread balls for alittle more scent but i normaly dont even bother with this.

10. jerellman

jerellman New Member

State:
    CA
    i use berkeley white power eggs for my trout. just individually hook on 2-3 of them until your hook floats in the water.

11. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    I have the PowerBait in chartreuse. Haven't any luck with it yet. Just picked up Berkley Gulp Corn and several spinners. They aren't eggs, just little pre-formed pellets. Last night we were at the trout pond. Old timer leaving as we pulled in had his limit.:smile2: We didn't get any nibbles (son caught 3 gill), using red worms, chartreuse bait, velveeta. Three fellows came, set up, cast in and pulled in one after another. They were using a red tailed spinner. Got their limit and left within an hour.:roll_eyes: Hoping to go back this weekend again. Seems everyone was catching them but us.:sad2:

12. D.I.P.

D.I.P. New Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I Didn't Really Like The Trout Power Bait At First.but After This Weekend I Love It.the Rainbows Were Not Taking My Worm So I Desided To Try My Power Bait.it Acually Worked And Worked Good.

13. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    I used to carry powerbait on my truck along with a diawa breakdown combo. it worked good on rainbows from oregon, washington and back.

14. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I've tried it in all colors here on the Spring River where the rainbows are stocked every other Thursday and have yet to catch my first fish on it. I will limit out most times just using night crawlers or whole kernal corn. I guess I'll have to try the corn flavored one and see if it works any better.

15. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    ive found this very effective, take the chartruese powerbait and then tip the hook with a bass minnow. also place a split shot about a foot up from hook and deadline it..

16. dlotto28

dlotto28 New Member

State:
    wyoming
    Hi,

I went trout fishing yesterday at a lake near me in Wy. I used the Berkley Power Bait Sauce in garlic flavor on a worm and spinner. It seemed to work pretty good. I also had luck putting trout crave gravy in garlic flavor on the worm. We caught seven eating size trout in about 3 hours.

17. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    I use white and pink power bait and sometimes green sparkle.

18. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I live and die with powerbait when bait fishing for trout. My favorite is the lime twist and lemon twist. Corn flavor has worked well for me also.

19. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I'm goin fishing for trout and smallies at the Pine Creek Dam in Pa. and I guess they're hittin on the chartruse powerbait (The kind that looks like little marshmellows). Never used it before but I'll keep ya' posted on how it works. Also using redfins under a slipbobber for backup! LOL

20. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

does anyone use plain old salmon eggs anymore? I am guilty of tring the new stuff too buy don't forget the basics. salmon eggs, worms, crickets, corn and the other natural baits.