Berkley trilene big game (blue)

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by Bigballer, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigballer

Bigballer New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I hear this the blue line can be seen with black light. I use some paint that can be seen by black tight on the tips of my rods. But didn't know that there was a line out there that could be seen. I'm looking to buy some of this if this does show up in black light. Does anyone know a place that has good deals on this line in 30-40# Cabela's is out of the blue and I found it on ebay but it's located in europe some where. So don't know what the shipping would be. Thanks for the help!!
    BB

2. Bigballer

Bigballer New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the info CRM. But they didn't have any in the 30-40# range that I was looking for. Thanks again though!!
    BB

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    The blue don't glow under black light. I had a huge spool of it that I used. Get the Solar Green if you want it to glow.

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Clear Blue glows great, but the line is not really blue. Catfish Connection has the 40# on sale for 4.95 a spool.:cool2:

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I wasn't thinking of that, I had the electric blue in mind.:smile2:

6. Bigballer

Bigballer New Member

State:
    Indiana
    So the clear/blue glows under black light but the electric blue doesn't? I've never used either and had just read that the electric blue glows so that was what I thought I wanted. Thanks for the info.
    BB

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Right. I like the solar green, it looks like a rope under the black light. I had one of the 1600 yd spools of the electric blue, its great line but hard to see at night. Now I use the solar green or the Ande Monster Yellow. Both glow great.

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Solar Green Glows, looks about the size of your pinky :big_smile:

I used to use it on all my reels, but based on suggestions here, I went with Ande Solar Green and find it to be better. Just as strong and waaay less memory.. Much easier to work with...

9. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I believe Academy sports sells all the above:big_smile:

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with John on this post. Solar green is good line and looks like a rope under a black light.

11. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    who makes the solar green...i cant seem to find it thanks....:big_smile:

12. katdoctor

katdoctor New Member

State:
    Georgia
    You can find it at The Academy. Big Game green or blue. The blue that I get as well as the green looks like a plow line under black light. Also, the Suffix elite clear blue looks clear until the black light hits it. Works great too. Got the Suffix from a friend don't know where he bought it. Hope this helps. Good fishing!!!!!!!!!

13. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Berkley makes the Solar Green and you can get some great line deals out of Catfish Connection!

14. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    You can look on any spool of line it if states flo. or fluorescent it will glow under a black light.The berkley solar green glows as bright as any I have seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.