Berkley Power bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by janzaldo, Jun 25, 2007.

1. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hello, everybody. Has anybody had any luck using Berkley's catfish power bait in blood flavor? I bought a package of the stuff I hope to use it next weekend.

Jaime

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I think this has been asked before. Anyway, I haven't had much luck with any of these baits, regardless of flavor. Most BOC brothers will probably stay the same. Favorites include: DK's, Sonny's, Hog Wild, Junnie's, Rusty's, and Hoss Hawg.

3. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i have used it to no avail. it stays on the hook well, but so does a soda can, and i have never caught anything on either one. i would reccomend hog wild blood bait. it works farily well.

4. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Tried the dough bait and the fake livers, not even a bite. Go with gills or shad and you can't go wrong.

5. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Same here have better luck with regular liver or punch bait or cut and live bait.

6. luvforcatfish

luvforcatfish New Member

State:
    ms
    never tried this but sounds like something nice. let me know how you do with it.

7. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Never had any luck with any of the Berkley power baits.

Post how you do with it.

8. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    caught a nice 5 lber on trout bait back in march. never had any luck on the other though.

9. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    dont know about the berkley cat bait...

but i have had unbelievable success on the berkley GULP power baits made for saltwater. they really did outfish live shrimp and they stayed on the hook well. we cought a boat load of specks flounder and some redfish. of course catfish are a lil pickier. best of luck
    j.d.

10. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    like someone said before, i think they catch more fishermen than fish.:0a16:

11. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Never had any luck with the Power Bait Lineup....Seems like my cats here enjoy live bait,liver,garlic shrimp or old faithful the Night Crawler...Limited out yesterday and started culling them out in the boat on Minnows and Night Crawlers...also caught a 15" bass...

So if you are just looking for a fun day fishing you can be assured you will catch something most everytime on these two baits..also if you are targeting the nice eating size 2-6 lb cats go with a #2/0 Crappie hook seems to hold'em just fine for me with better hook set and less bait loss...also a bit easier to get the hook out...All but one of the fish I caught yesterday where caught on this set up...with mostly hooks set in the mouth...

12. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thank you for your posts gentlemen; much appreciated. I have had luck catching channels on cornflavor doughbait so I figured this stuff might work. Oh well not the first time I wasted money on useless prepared baits. Since I have it, will give it a try. Will let you guys know how I did.

Jaime

13. puck55

puck55 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i've used most of the flavors with out a tall tail sign of increased action i get better and stronger hits on natural bait

14. CantFish86

CantFish86 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ive tried berkly before never had much luck with a hook now we tossed some into the water by the dock and watched few channel swim up to eat but never bites...:angry: Im a big fan of sonny's tho and now use shad and live bait seems alot more easy to use and does 200% better.:wink:

15. kevhead56

kevhead56 New Member

State:
    Greenfield, Il
    Used both Blood and Liver...NO LUCK!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

16. GUNTZ

GUNTZ New Member

State:
    CLEBURNE texas
    NEVER TRIED THIS BAIT BEFORE ,AND AFTER READING THIS I WILL NOT ,THAT ONE I WILL SAVE MONEY ON

17. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Yeah there was another post about this stuff about 2 weeks back. Have tried and tried it before nothing. Eventually after using for a while with no success I left it in the truck and well it turned into a big pile of squish.

18. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    A dog wont even eat it. And most dogs ive seen love sonnys. We have to cose it when someone brings there dog out. But that dog wont even touch that powerbait.Like was already said, it catches more fisherman than fish.

19. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    if you mean the hog wild blood dip bait i got a little trick for you to try if you have an extra container of it laying around (not many people keep stinkbait containers especially when they are married or living with someone lol)

put a couple of scoops of the original wild hog bait in the empty container,
    then put a few scoops of the blood scented hog wild bait in the same container and mix em til they are a bright pink color and see how that does lol
    :crazy:it is quite a mixture im here to say lol and the stink factor is off the charts! lol but i have smelled worse lol :smile2:
    my stepson bought some of the powerbait crap and thought he would be catching catfish when he used it but not even a nibble lol the only reason he ever had to use any bait was to change it out when it got completely watered down lol that is probably the only thing berkeley makes that hasnt lived up to the name.
    another wonderful useless device is the eagle claw nitro biscuits not sure what they were thinking but they are almost like the powerbait stuff a dud to say the least! lol :wink:

20. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hello everybody, well I finally went out resevoir called Santa Fe dam in the city of Irwindale( 25 miles northeast from my home) I will never waste my money on that stuff! As I was leaving I gave the bait to some kids.

Jaime