Berkley makes me angry

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Spider, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Just relealizd that Berkley never did send me my Leathernam tools for their free offer on purchasing a rod. Actually it wasn't Free, I still had to pay S&H crap. I'd think that since June they have had more than enough time. I just sent a second email to them concerning this. It's no huge issue but it's a matter of principle. I lost my job and even a few dollars means something. I feel like they stole my money. They never even bothered to reply to my first email about a month ago. I will not buy anymore of their stuff if I don't get what I paid for.
    I hate when you are ignored by these companies.

2. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    yeah Larry, that is pretty darn aggrevating. Call the company's customer service...it should be a free number. Letherman is a nice tool. Good luck :confused2:

3. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Larry,
    When you correspond with them it would be very beneficial to have all of your documentation handy (i.e. check number for the S&H, any confirmation number, etc.) and above all be kind. There's no sense to this kind of thing ruling your life. If you talk to a customer service representative, get their name and operator number if possible. Things are very tough I know, but my belief is that kindness goes a lot further than not being kind. Give the customer service deal a shot and let us know how you made out. Good luck with this Larry.

Ray

4. ilovesharinfoo

ilovesharinfoo New Member

State:
    PA
    I just got my Leatherman tool from that deal today. I think I sent in my payment in early Sept. I bet something was lost or misplaced somewhere along the line. Like already said, calling them up and being real calm about will surely get one on its way to you. Good luck!!

5. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Hope they get it straightened out for you.It,s pretty hard to go fishing for anything without dealing with Berkley or their parent company(Pure Fishing) in some shape or form.They got their hand in everything.:wink:

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have sent in many rebates to berkly, never got a thing back..I dont even bother anymore.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Here is hoping you get what you paid for. Its poor business if they don't follow through once you bring it to their attention.

8. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Something must have gotten buried on a desk someplace abd forgotten. It took four months but I got the Leatherman tools today. They are pretty small but could come in handy.
    Although, I did not get a reply from Berkley on either email I sent. That's rude.

9. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    I had a similar problem with Microsoft. I purchased an item, followed all the instructions, sent in all the necessary forms, and didn't get my rebate.

I contacted them about it, and they said that they had reached their "quota" on rebates. Come to find out, any company that offers a rebate are only liable for a certain amout, then they can just stop.

They may stop with the rebates, but it sure doesn't stop them from advertising them(the rebates) and selling more product. I only do the rebate thing as a last resort now.

10. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Larry,

Really glad to hear that your story has a happy ending to it. Keep the faith brother. Yes, their public relations were not the best in this case, but at least you got your leatherman tool. :wink:

Ray

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  11. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Yeah, it turned out good, no thanks to their customer relations. I wonder if they require the employees to know English and and read / understand sentences. I got an email back telling me that the rebates are handles by a third party and a number to call them. The the person goes on to say that the rebate "does state it will take 8 to 10 weeks". What part of "It's been 4 months" did this person not understand. I guess math isn't a requirement either. Bet there is no problem in knowing if they added up the paycheck correctly though. Amazing.
    Anyway, here's the Leatherman tool from th rebate:

Attached Files:

12. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I guess it,s better late than never Larry.:roll_eyes:

13. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    send them a lot e mails until they send you what is owed to you, don't let get off that easy:angry:!sorry did see you got it.:embarassed:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  14. mte

mte New Member

State:
    Millersville, P
    Larry, that looks like a Micra, I've had several (I keep losing them). I always have mine in my pocket and use it alot.
    MIke