Berkley Iron Silk

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by JAinSC, Nov 2, 2006.

1. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Anybody tried it?
    Is it any good?

How does it compare the the Big Game?

2. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Yes, I have used it for a long time & really liked it. No memory problems, abrasion resistant & good knot strength.

The problem is/was that I couldn't see it @ night :embarassed: , so I switched to the Big Game Solar Collector.

"I see" said the blind man :eek:oooh:

3. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use the Iron Silk and love it. I don't have the night vision probs mentioned, but I don't try to see my line at night. They do make Iron Silk in some kind of Hi Vis color, but I can't remember what it is. Some guys say Silk is junk, but I love it. I have never had a problem with memory or breakage. I use it on all my rods. Ultralight up to cat rigs:cool2:

4. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    started using last it last summer and by next spring all my rods will have it on it

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Used it a while back and was really sold on it. DH and myself ran some tests on it and found that it snapped well before its stated strength. 30lb. test with a steady pull broke at about 20 to 21lbs. No knot failure and it is smooth as silk. LOL!

6. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Here is the thread with the results as mentioned by George...Thank you Deerhunter01 and katfshn50 for performing this line test and reporting it to all of us here on the BOC. Thanks guys!

Rep those two for the time and effort they took in helping all of us with shared knowledge to enhance our fishing experience.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10463