Berkley Gulp Liver?

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by Tip123Q, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Has any one tryed or had any luck on the berkley Gulp livers they arent real but it says it has 400x more scent dispersion and outfishes live bait? Or is this just another way for them to make more money?

2. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Just Another Marketing Ploy, IMHO. I Nor Anyone Else I Know Has Caught Anything Using Them.

Sure They Are Going To Tell You They Outfish Everything Else, After All Everybody's Product Is "New & Improved", "Better Than Ever", "Heavy Duty", "Revolutionary".

Not That Long Ago I Was @ The Gas Station, When The Attendant Asked Me, "Would You Like To Try Our New Super Clean Premium Gas ?". I Replied, "NO, I Want My Money Back, For All The Old Dirty Gas You've Been Selling Me" :lol: :lol: :lol: Elliot

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I have never used em but had a couple friends get the stuff. Looks good, stays on the hook good, but no one has caught a fish with it. Use the real thing for best results.

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Use the real stuff brother! Trust me it's lots better!---------pk powell:smile2:

5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    A product like that can only be tested when you are catching fish. No bait is going to work if there is no fish being caught. If your catching fish and try the new bait and catch even more and faster then it's better. If your not catching fish and you don't catch with the new bait it doesn't mean anything

I Think

6. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I've used it and it isn't worth buying. Not even a nibble on it. I was fishing it on a rig with dip bait and caught fish on the other rig. I still have a bunch of it left and will not be purchasing anymore.

7. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Have caught a lot of gills using gulp but not one cat. Dip bait and real liver seem to work best along with gill heads for the larger fish. Like eveyone has said - don't waste your money.

8. Whiskers4U

Whiskers4U New Member

State:
    PA
    I tested it with some friends last year while fishing some ponds. We all had different baits on...Some were using chicken livers(real), some were using Magic Bait, some were using nightcrawlers and some were using Berkley Gulp. Everyone caught some fish that day. Chicken livers of course ranked first in catches. Magic Bait outfished nightcrawlers...most of the crawlers were chumped on by the bluegills. Berkley Gulp did catch some fish but no where in comparison to the real livers. The person using the Berkley Gulp really wasn't that impressed, but he did like the way it stayed on the hook.

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    It does stay on the hook very well. It's like sticking your hook through a piece of rubber, but I don't care if my bait is on the hook if no fish are willing to eat it.

10. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanx for all the help guys.
    -Tip---

11. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have used it with limited success. I don't think I could recomend it to anyone from my experience with it though.

12. sneezer

sneezer New Member

State:
    pa.
    I have caught catfish with the gulp night crawlers... works as good as anything else I have tried. I've never even seen the livers in the store.