Berkley Gulp Chicken Liver

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Eich, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Has anyone ever tried this stuff? Is it worth buying?

[​IMG]

Ray

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    A buddy gave me a pack one time and it didnt work here. I only tried it once. But with the LPT and stuff its got in it.. on some occasions it may work. :wink: Works better in different waters.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Raymond I have used Gulp enhanced plastic baits for bass with success. I have never used the item you asked about. Worth a try. Maybe.

4. Zero

Zero New Member

State:
    SC
    The Gulp line is very popular in saltwater. They work great, the best being a few you fish on a jighead or Carolina rig. I've never tried it but have heard many people say they've never gotten a bite on the Gulp meant to be used as cut bait. It's best to be moving it around targeting gamefish...so I'd say save your money and get what 3 or 4 tubs of liver for the price of one package. Just my .02.

5. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Save your dough Ray!Bought several bags for channels ,it seemed like a good idea.Tried it 3 times this year when they were already hitting good on regular livers.Switched a pole over to the gulp livers and threw it out within 5 ft of the regular livers and got zero bites on it all 3 times.Gave the rest away.It seemed like a good idea in theory,but didn,t work out in the real world.I hate messing with livers and thought this might be the answer,tried 2 different flavoirs too.Big thumbs down for me!Guess I,ll have to keep getting my hands all gooey when the liver bites on.:sad2:.

6. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    I have used it 4 or 5 times now. The first time I used it was in the All American canal and there was a pretty decent current flow. I was there for about 5 minutes and I got a nice 5 pounder. Was really surprised. Tried it since in different situations and places and haven't got a hit so don't know if it was a fluke or not. I am keeping a bag of it in my tackle bag as my back up emergency bait in case I forget it sometime or run out of bait ( yea, have heard it can happen sometime! ). Tight lines.

:cool2:

7. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    I've tried it before with no luck at all. I was told by someone else that the only thing that bait catches is fishermen.:smile2:

8. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    The only product in the Gulp line, that I've had success with were the maggots:confused2:

9. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I've tried it and didn't get a bite. I won't buy anymore of it.

10. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i tried alot of different baits such as berkley , i have had various luck with them , seems they do better when the water temp is up

11. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Thanks a ton there Pat. Much appreciated. Also thanks to everyone else who replied to my original post. Through this my mind is made up to spend my money on a better product. :wink: Just like the convience of a bait being there 24/7.

Ray

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  12. REDLEG_5

REDLEG_5 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The gulp and other dip bait I've never had luck with any of it

13. mrgib31

mrgib31 New Member

State:
    Conway, Arkansa
    That stuff has never worked for me. Tried it on several different waters & nothing. Don't waste your money.

14. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    Trust me Ray use cut chubs I will hook you up the next time you come fishing with me at the octoraro

15. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,

You da man there Joe.

Ray