Berkley Gorilla Tough

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by getthenet, Dec 28, 2008.

1. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    anyone ever use this line Berkley Gorilla Tough

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I have used it on the Ohio River. I liked it better than Spiderwire or PowerPro. It's thicker but seems to be less resistant to cutting on the rocks.

3. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Do you still use it or have you switched to something else? I'm thinking about trying it, because it doesn't float. Most other braids do. I like the fact that the stretch is near zero, but not the floating part.

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yeah anyone uses it please put a review here cause I am lookin at this also.I myself do not like spider wire it wants to flatten & bunch in the spool to much ...least fer me anyway...power pro is way good stuff but way expensive to use.....I have seen this line and thought bout trying it...I know gorrilia glue and duct tape aint no joke bet the line aint either???

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I started using Vicious braid around August of this year. I actually like the "floating" quality sometimes. The Vicious has been great so far, but I have not fished it in rocky conditions yet.

6. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I've used power pro and spiderwire and I gotta say I like both I had no problems with either so please share any info with that gorilla line you can !!!You might change some minds!!!

7. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    here is some info on this line

Berkley Gorilla Tough super braid fishing line. Compared to monofilament, new Berkley Gorilla Tough braid offers twice the strength at half the diameter - with virtually no stretch. This long-lasting, sinking braid is easy on your rod guides and reels. A tremendous value compared to other braids in its class!

8. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    i love the fireline xds but its no longer on the market i used the 100lb test. best braided line i have ever used. i look on ebay everyday for some

9. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Terminal Tackle Company has the 1000yd spool of 100lb XDS for $107. I've seen on a couple of other websites in the discontinued sections.....

10. dex

dex New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have used both pp and gorilla braid I have to lean toward the pp.The gorilla braid seemed to break off alot easier and not as durable as the pp.