Berkley Gorilla Tough 50 lb any body use it

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by hear_kitty, Jun 28, 2006.

1. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Is it worth buying pros and cons

2. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have used it and gave it to my brother. I prefer the PowerPro and Spiderwire brands much better.

3. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I tried it on a 209 Penn and liked it so I put to on another reel and I've fished it for 2 or 3 years with no problems.I have Spider Line on a reel and I like the gorilla tough line better cause it's a lot cheaper and seems to hold up well and the Spider line only had 150 yds on a spool for almost 30$ and the Gorilla tough had a 1/4lb spool for less than 20$

4. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Thanks everyone for the info

5. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i have 35 lb on a tiger spinning combo and i use it to pull flats out of structure NOW!!!!!

its a softer braid + sinking braid but i like how it was wraped..... i wouldnt fish around treterious rock piles because it frays badly ( but what braid doesnt )

i use it also to rip through tree branches and crappy vegitation

35 will straighten out a j hook!!!!!!!!

let us now how you like it it u get it!!!!!!!!!!

6. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

im taking back the line to k mart because im a light tackle guy.....

i normaly use 15lb BBG for flatheads..... when i switched to the gorilla line i switched to a 30 lb leader and i stopped getting as much hits..... i can also cast further with BBG but this is a very good line it you are fishing around alot of Vetitation because it WILL cut it and cut down the snags you normaly get..... im just a natural mono guy

7. bclumsky

bclumsky New Member

State:
    kansas city
    I have two reels spooled with it and I like it alot more than powerpro.

8. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i cant decide weather to keep this line because im really really really hard on line and thats the beauty of using mono... its cheap and really abrasion resistant......

my favorite line is cajun red line because its very strong and ive had good luck on it.....

i guess i just answered my own question!!!!!!!

im not putting down gorilla tough because its a awsome braid im just a mono guy by heart ....:smile2:

9. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    how many flatties ya caught so far leroy?

10. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

as far as last season... 5 flatties but they were nothing to jump up and down about... the biggest one was 8 lbs but i was surffishing near a sunken valley of tree stumbs so i decided to try the braid..... its okay but mono is cheaper, casts further , and more abrasion resistant :crazy:

im probably going to take it back and stick to my usual cajun red line.... im placing a order next week...:smile2: