Berkley gorilla braid

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by brinley45cal, Mar 22, 2009.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Well i tried it and i hate it.Not only was it difficult to tie but i got the 50#test and the label says its suppose to have the same diameter as 14# test but ill tell you now that is a flat lie.If thats the same diameter as 14# test then thats the thickest 14# test line i ever seen,you dont even have to measure it you can look and tell.Im glad i got it on sell cause id be upset had i paid full price.Im thinking about taking that junk off and put my mono line back on. so dont waste your money folks.

2. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Thanks for the heads up . I guess I wont be buying none of that in the near future.

3. dex

dex Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I used some gorilla braid and I did not like it either took it off and replaced with pp

4. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Gorilla braid is a softer type braid and is excellent line when used around rocks and sharp objects that will cut other braids like warm butter, I use it and reccommend it highly for the above reason. I also use Power Pro, Suffix , Stren Super braid... they all have a time and place for me.
    Another good point that softer braids have is that in the event you do get snagged up it is ALOT easier on your hands if you have to break off.

If your just looking for an all purpose line then by all means throw your Mono back on!... I would not try and give a Product a bad name because you didnt do your homework on different types of braid.

5. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    i think gorilla braid is fantastic....i bought the 50lb and 35lb and its really easy to tie knots, with 50lb i can cast it a mile with an ounce and a half...

6. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I USED IT TO GO CARP FISHING IN WATERS WHERE THERE WAS ALOT OF BOATS SO I HAD TO USE HIGH LB LINE...... AFTER ABOUT 3 TRIPS WHERE THERES NOTING IN THE WATER BUT VEGITATION IT STARTED TO FRAY :tounge_out:

I GOT IT REALLY REALLY CHEAP FROM KMART SO I WASNT TO BUMED OUT :wink:

ITS VERY VERY SOFT LINE TO

LeRoy

7. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

HATE it too!It,s been a few years since I,ve used it.Took it off after 1 trip.No problems with knots(palomars)But it,s bulky and I found it to be a lot less abrasion resistant than any of the other braids.I,ve got 80 # braid thats thinner than their 50.:eek:oooh: